Introduction of the Members

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Introduction of the Members

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 19 mai 2018, 00:24

Hello Silas and welcome among us!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Guruphil

•    
  • Citation

Message par Guruphil » 05 juin 2018, 21:42

Hi all. I’m Phil and I saw this game cropping up over and over again on KS but had no reason to buy it due to no RPG groups nearby and a ten year gaming hiatus. (I played White Wolf games like Vampire as a player character for about a decade.)

This year at UKGE I gave in because I found a local gaming group has started up and I feel inspired. Bought the biggest set of materials I could as a birthday present to myself and now just need to learn how to DM for the very first time... I’m terrified! :)

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 05 juin 2018, 22:57

Hello Phil, glad to welcome you!

It's a pleasure to know that Shadows of Esteren was the game that made you want to play again. Don't worry about DMing, it's always a bumpy ride in the beginning, but it gets smoother as it goes. And after all, you're between friends, so no need to feel uncomfortable. Just have fun! ;)

Good luck on your journey through Tri-Kazel!

Rumplestiltskin6

•    
  • Citation

Message par Rumplestiltskin6 » 13 juin 2018, 14:39

Hi all

Picked up the full package at UKGE a few weeks back. Was very impressed by the production quality and spent a fair while with one of the staff talking about the setting and rules. Three visits back to the (beautifully presented) stand, shelled out for all that was available (even the beer and Black Rose game).

I've previously DM'd D&D Forgotten Realms, and Warhammer Roleplay, as well as played in various RPG settings. Moved onto wargaming (40K, Horus Heresy, Infinity, Malifaux) and LCG and board games (Arkham Horror mostly, Netrunner, L5R).

Very excited with Shadows of Esteren. Wish i had got into it sooner and managed to get onto the Kickstarters.

There were a couple of items missing which I didn't realise at the time. I've contacted the crew since, but they're very slow at responding...hope it all pulls off :-( As an aside, the deal also included PDF versions of all the books etc. any idea how i get hold of these??

Any good resource and support sites would be appreciated too. Really hope this setting gets more exposure, as it certainly deserves it, from first impressions.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 20 juin 2018, 15:42

Hello Rumplestiltskin6!

Thank you very much for the compliments and for your generous patronage!

I'm sorry about your missing items, which I've reported to the person in charge. Hopefully, we'll be able to get that taken care of lickety-split!

My apologies about the late reply as well.

As for resource and support sites, your best bets would be the present forum and the official Agate Discord channel, where you will find plenty of like-minded fans!

Again, many thanks for your support and enthusiasm!

Guruphil

•    
  • Citation

Message par Guruphil » 22 juin 2018, 09:07

Hey Rumplestiltskin6! Looks like you and I have had the same experiences at the UKGE! I have gotta say that whilst the replies were a little slow, I am pretty sure it's all going to get sorted out re: missing things. Clovis has been an absolute superstar!

Like you I kept going back to the stand over and over again and ended up getting pretty much everything. I didn't get the beer and the game but I suspect I'll reverse that decision (and buy absolutely anything on the stand that I don't already own) next time the guys are at a show I'm attending.

I absolutely adore the production values of these books. Every time I open the book I'm blown away. Work commitments are making it hard for me to get far through the book (book 1) but I'm looking forward to the next one already... Definitely one of my best purchases of the year.

Phil.

Rumplestiltskin6

•    
  • Citation

Message par Rumplestiltskin6 » 22 juin 2018, 09:50

Totally agree with you there, Guruphil!

Following on from what you mentioned... Clovis, are there any dates\locations (UK) of when the team will be attending other events?

Guruphil

•    
  • Citation

Message par Guruphil » 22 juin 2018, 09:59

I saw that their name is on the Dragonmeet site for last year, don't know if they're going this year.. I had presumed they were until I spotted the date on the advert was 2017 :(
https://www.dragonmeet.co.uk/

Was hoping they'd be attending TableTop Gaming Live, but last I asked they weren't intending to which is a pity..
https://www.tabletopgaming.co.uk/shows/ ... aming-live

Rumplestiltskin6

•    
  • Citation

Message par Rumplestiltskin6 » 22 juin 2018, 10:04

Yeah I did that same check with Dragonmeet and was initially excited then deflated ;-)

I'm hoping that I can get my hands on the Dearg stuff towards the end of the year, in much the same way I scooped up at this year's UKGE.

Guruphil

•    
  • Citation

Message par Guruphil » 22 juin 2018, 10:26

Yep, same here - I'm planning to buy absolutely everything new that I can get my hands on - I have a few things missing from my package (only one that I knew of because they'd told me they'd run out when I made the purchase and which I've volunteered to pay for when I'm at the next event and they hopefully have stock again) and a few I didn't realise were missing until I got home...

I'm a completionist, and I absolutely Looooove this product, so I want more more more! It's money well spent IMHO

Répondre