Kickstarter: Occultism

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
Nelyhann
Coordinateur général, auteur & illustrateur

Kickstarter: Occultism

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 11 déc. 2014, 16:40

«Patience et longueur de temps Font plus que force ni que rage.»
Le Lion et le Rat - Jean de la Fontaine

Ocule

Re: Kickstarter: Occultism

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ocule » 13 déc. 2014, 18:43

Im really excited for the next esteren book! Also a little concerned about secrets still not being out unless im wrong about the impression that it is basically the Game Leader Guide for the esteren universe. Yeah im hopping on this kickstarter. Even though sorcerers in my campaign are basically just miracle casters with messed up miracles.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 17 déc. 2014, 19:40

Secrets is actually more like Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Esteren* (*But Were Afraid to Ask) in that it contains all of the information about the universe's metaplot. It's not a Game Leader Guide in that it is by no means necessary for the Leader to play Esteren, as opposed to a D&D Dungeon Master's Guide, which you actually need to play the game to its full extent.

Of course, Secrets is still a major release, but rest assured that we won't be feeding you scraps in the meantime!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Ocule

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ocule » 17 déc. 2014, 19:49

Thanks, that clears things up a bit I have been under the impression that it was the Dungeon Master's Guide to the esteren universe. Still looking forward to it a lot but now im a bit more comfortable running esteren games in that im not missing anything important. So its a great big book of spoilers? Imagine stuff like the actual cosmology of the universe, where Feondas came from and what has been happening on the continent. Just all the things players are not meant to know, ever.

Also curiousity, was i right to think that sorcerers using black magic is pretty much just miracles for evil characters? They use Exaltation and Stanzas for their spellcasting, sacrifice people for magic and whatnot or is there good occultist magic. Thinking more traditional witchcraft but not quite Demorthen mysteries.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 17 déc. 2014, 19:59

Ocule a écrit :Thanks, that clears things up a bit I have been under the impression that it was the Dungeon Master's Guide to the esteren universe. Still looking forward to it a lot but now im a bit more comfortable running esteren games in that im not missing anything important. So its a great big book of spoilers? Imagine stuff like the actual cosmology of the universe, where Feondas came from and what has been happening on the continent. Just all the things players are not meant to know, ever.
"great big book of spoilers" is the idea, yeah. It's like these World of Darkness books where you had everything about who was pulling the strings, why, and what to achieve. Of course, all of these secret things your Players can learn about, but not before a massive amount of investigation, and not without going through great dangers. Such is the price of uncovering the truth!

Anyway, don't feel like Secrets is required to have the "full version" of the game. Esteren is primarily what you make of it, so feel free to build your own universe from the official elements, or even by altering them as much as you want!
Ocule a écrit :Also curiousity, was i right to think that sorcerers using black magic is pretty much just miracles for evil characters? They use Exaltation and Stanzas for their spellcasting, sacrifice people for magic and whatnot or is there good occultist magic. Thinking more traditional witchcraft but not quite Demorthen mysteries.
This would enter a spoilers zone, so I won't say a thing on the subject!

By the way, this thread is about the Kickstarter for Occultism, so we're going off-topic there. If you want to share your thoughts about Esteren's secrets, feel free to post here, for example!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Nelyhann

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 19 déc. 2014, 00:40

Thanks so much everyone, we are already funded... your support is just amazing :D :D :shock:

Glass

•    
  • Citation

Message par Glass » 19 déc. 2014, 03:57

Awesome guys! Congrats! :)
"Ne t'en inquiète pas, jeune savant, il est parfois préférable que certaines énigmes demeurent..."

Jill

•    
  • Citation

Message par Jill » 22 déc. 2014, 01:51

Congrats on another great start to a KS campaign. Already in and very happy with everything I'm hearing so far! Will there be the usual option to buy extra copies of some books as the KS goes on - I could do with another Book 1 for the campaign I'm planning for the new year.

Nelyhann

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 24 déc. 2014, 10:11

Thanks guys, your support is really appreciated :D

Our last update with upcoming stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... ts/1092592

Now it si time to enjoy christmas so I wish all of you an happy time and see you in early january :D

Ocule

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ocule » 25 déc. 2014, 21:55

Damn this is a hard one. I obviously want the occultism theme book was thinkin the 40 dollar backing but 80 is a bit steep for ghost stories and the other ones

Will Black Moon Handbook be on drivethrurpg.com or on sale after the kickstarter. Also cant find ghost stories around the web either

Répondre