Editable Character Sheets

Questions and discussions about the game system.
zilchr0

Editable Character Sheets

•    
  • Citation

Message par zilchr0 » 02 oct. 2012, 22:38

Has anyone created a version of the character sheet that can be filled out on the computer? I'm hoping to run a pre-gen demo and wanted to have character sheets that didn't force the players to read my handwriting.

zilchr0

Re: Editable Character Sheets

•    
  • Citation

Message par zilchr0 » 02 oct. 2012, 22:41

To clarify: I was hoping for an editable version of the English PDF Character sheet. The Excel sheet in the other thread is very nicely done, but I don't think it would print well.

Daïn

•    
  • Citation

Message par Daïn » 03 oct. 2012, 06:58

Hey,
Yep, this is definitely something that has been done. Isn't it beautiful?

I save you the energy to figure out where the file is, so there you go:
http://klakplok.net/esteren/fdp_editable.pdf made by "KlakPlok" on this thread (french one tough, for whom might be interested: http://www.esteren.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 1&start=20 )

The only drawback tough is that the file is in French. But the good news is I see here an opportunity to fill the blank for the english community. As a matter of fact, I already started to see how to translate it into english. Still searching tough :/

When do you need the file for? I guess I need to contact the author for permissions/ credits and then I'll come back right here, straight after.
Sounds good?
- Ultimate horror often paralyses memory in a merciful way.

WoeRie

•    
  • Citation

Message par WoeRie » 03 oct. 2012, 07:41

zilchr0 a écrit :To clarify: I was hoping for an editable version of the English PDF Character sheet. The Excel sheet in the other thread is very nicely done, but I don't think it would print well.
The Excel sheet is optimized for printing on 3x Din A4, you can do that in Excel by using Print Areas (I assume that's the English word). So, only the 3 pages of the original sheet are printed, all the informative and explaining stuff not.

Daïn

•    
  • Citation

Message par Daïn » 03 oct. 2012, 08:56

WoeRie a écrit :The Excel sheet is optimized for printing on 3x Din A4, you can do that in Excel by using Print Areas (I assume that's the English word). So, only the 3 pages of the original sheet are printed, all the informative and explaining stuff not.
It may be helpful indeed to clarify that ;)

As per the editable character sheet in english, it's on its way. Got all the tools and needs to make it shine in english as well. The availability depends on the approval of the original author though, so I must hold on to it until I get his go/ no-go.
It'll make a nice addition to the community. Please, thank KlakPlok for his work, if he comes around, as he is the one who made the file after all.

Edit: Started the job but the formating looks fancy to me, and texts are shifting downwards, annoyingly. I may not have the proper software to edit the PDF. Go talk to the author to see what we can do. I'll get back asap.

KlakPlok

•    
  • Citation

Message par KlakPlok » 05 oct. 2012, 21:53

Ladies and gents, beauties and beasts,

As requested by Dain, I've translated my alternative, A4, two-sided character sheet.

Here it is : http://klakplok.net/esteren/fdp_editable_en.pdf

Please note that it has a major issue : the document can be filled and printed but not saved by Adobe Reader. For this, one must make the PDF "savable" from Adobe Acrobat Pro, a quite expensive software I'm not willing to buy. If someone has access to a (legal) version of Acrobat Pro and can help me with this task, don't hesitate to send me a message.

Please also note that some third party PDF viewers are less stubborn that Adobe Reader and accept to save filled forms (e.g. if I remember correctly, the mac builtin viewer and foxit reader). But unfortunately, the PDF is best rendered in Adobe's software.

And of course, comments and requests are most welcome :) !

Cheers.

Daïn

•    
  • Citation

Message par Daïn » 05 oct. 2012, 23:06

Awesome!
I see what I can do. I do own a copy of Adobe Acrobat pro. But I'm on Mac, so then there may be some differences. Still, I'll give it a try.
We'll see soon enough anyway ;)

Daïn

•    
  • Citation

Message par Daïn » 09 oct. 2012, 10:44

Hi guys,
The file provided by KlakPok worked fine for me but, since the author said there may still be a problem with it, I re-made the PDF with AdobeAcrobat, just to make sure the file can be saved with any program whatsoever.

Please, let me know if you have issues saving the file with your personal datas.
Cheers

File is right there ;):
Character Sheet Editable Adobe

Hyrulian182

•    
  • Citation

Message par Hyrulian182 » 03 oct. 2013, 16:46

Daïn a écrit :Hi guys,
The file provided by KlakPok worked fine for me but, since the author said there may still be a problem with it, I re-made the PDF with AdobeAcrobat, just to make sure the file can be saved with any program whatsoever.

Please, let me know if you have issues saving the file with your personal datas.
Cheers
This Character Sheet still needs fixing:

- Rename "Res.Mentale" to "Mental Resistance" or "Mental Res."
. "Combat & Weapons" move the formula of the defense, speed and attack more to the left, people will be very thankful :lol:
- Rename "Jouer" to something else...

A little part of "Notes" could be used for:
- "Armor & Shield Condition"
- "Disease and Addiction Condition"
- "Important Contacts"
- "Background"
“A man’s greatest treasures are his illusion"

Yepesnopes

•    
  • Citation

Message par Yepesnopes » 13 janv. 2014, 16:36

If anyone is interested I can post a fillable version of the original character sheet

Cheers,
Yepes

Répondre