Agony and Stabilization

Questions and discussions about the game system.
Répondre
Cthuloon

Agony and Stabilization

•    
  • Citation

Message par Cthuloon » 15 févr. 2020, 00:23

Hello all,
I've been running the game occasionally for a few years now but just recently started a more consistent game and I came across an interesting question:
"If character is in the Agony Condition, is a First Aid or Medicine roll the only way to save them? How does Agony interact with Tonics, the Healing Ogham, or Miraculous Healing?"

I want Agony to be pretty serious, so I am tempted to limited it to just the skill rolls. Perhaps, magical healing could work but it would have to be at least the third stanza/circle and the threshold to use a tonic might be increased to 17 as well.

I'm a bit unsure, so I wanted to see if anyone else had a perspective on this.

Thanks!

Aprewett

Re: Agony and Stabilization

•    
  • Citation

Message par Aprewett » 16 févr. 2020, 14:42

I am sorry, I have nothing to add, but huzzah a new post on this forum, or in fact any forum to do with this game.
I think the Dev’s need to get out there and start being a bit more active to promote there product. Especially after the long delay with the latest Kickstarter, a few freebies could not hurt.
Sorry again, hope you get some response.

DerHuthmacher

•    
  • Citation

Message par DerHuthmacher » 04 mars 2020, 15:34

Hi Cthuloon,

please note that you can use survival points.
"Get back on one’s feet. Using two Survival Points, he can empty the “Agony” box and get back on his feet."

I'll come back on the "magical" healing.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 05 mars 2020, 11:11

Cthuloon a écrit :
15 févr. 2020, 00:23
"If character is in the Agony Condition, is a First Aid or Medicine roll the only way to save them? How does Agony interact with Tonics, the Healing Ogham, or Miraculous Healing?"
Hello Cthuloon!

If we go by the rules as written, "magic" healing like a Demorthèn power, a Miracle, or a Tonic would simply heal a Character by the corresponding amount. So someone who's been reduced to 0 Health points and gets a 7-point heal from a Miraculous healing Miracle would immediately go back to 7 Health points. These are extraordinary powers, after all!

However, as you propose it, you're free to increase the requirements for such a feat. Upping the Difficulty to the Third Stanza/Circle and to Difficult for the Tonic would definitely be pertinent!
Aprewett a écrit :
16 févr. 2020, 14:42
I am sorry, I have nothing to add, but huzzah a new post on this forum, or in fact any forum to do with this game.
It's true the forum has been rather deserted for a while, but we'll do our best to maintain some presence here and answer posts. However, we're now mostly active on the official Studio Agate Discord server (accessible via the forum's main page), so feel free to join us there if you want to be more closely in contact with us!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Cthuloon

•    
  • Citation

Message par Cthuloon » 08 mars 2020, 19:02

Thanks for the suggestions and clarifications!
I think for now I will allow "magic" healing to work as normal. Still, I think I won't allow it to counteract the loss of consciousness caused by Agony.
Perhaps the unconsciousness could be alleviated by a specialized Tonic, the Holy Vigor miracle, or a Vital Energy ogham.

Répondre