Several questions

Questions and discussions about the game system.
Répondre
Valenae

Several questions

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 15 mars 2016, 08:15

Hey, friends!

After one year of playing DND5ed I finally decide to return to Esteren.

I have several questions about rules.
Most of all I want to hear opinions of system creators (Iris or Nel for example) but all comments are welcome.

1) I thought that penalty from Health conditions is apply to defence. But I dont found it in Rules when re-reading them yesterday. Is this true?

2) Science. How do you think, Science domain apply only to academic knowledge? Can osag herbalist have high Science (Botany) or miner from remote mining village hight Science (Geiology)?

3) How are you handle Way of Convinction? If you member of evil fraction (occult magientists for example or assasins guild) can you have high Conviction if you loyal to them?

4) How are you handle shooting in Close combat? Can you shoot when you engaged with enemy? Can you shoot in close combat where your friend participating?

5) Is there any rules for creating high experience characters?
The Leader should not hesitate to slaughter the PCs at the slightest mistake in order to instil a heavy, horrific atmosphere

Для всех русскоговорящих игроков и ведущих - русский сайт Эстерина "вконтакте":
http://vk.com/club42561184

Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Several questions

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 16 mars 2016, 01:43

Valenae a écrit :1) I thought that penalty from Health conditions is apply to defence. But I dont found it in Rules when re-reading them yesterday. Is this true?
This is something of an erratum. Penalties are intended to apply to static values (Defense and Speed). We've taken note to add this mention to the rules in the case of a reprint.
Valenae a écrit :2) Science. How do you think, Science domain apply only to academic knowledge? Can osag herbalist have high Science (Botany) or miner from remote mining village hight Science (Geiology)?
Indeed, Science only applies to academic knowledge. In the case of the examples you mentioned, the Osag would have Natural Environment (Herbalism) and the miner Craft (Mining), since their know-how comes from hands-on experience rather than from theoretical knowledge.
Valenae a écrit :3) How are you handle Way of Convinction? If you member of evil fraction (occult magientists for example or assasins guild) can you have high Conviction if you loyal to them?
Absolutely! "Conviction" is not necessarily about being "good" or "bad," but simply about having high moral standards, such as being able to do anything you deem necessary to serve your lord, even if that means killing people... And hey, good and evil are relative...
Valenae a écrit :4) How are you handle shooting in Close combat? Can you shoot when you engaged with enemy? Can you shoot in close combat where your friend participating?
I would personally say that no, you cannot, or at least, not without a hefty penalty like -5. In the case of shooting in Close Combat, you may even consider lowering the shooter's Defense since they can't dodge properly while aiming.
Valenae a écrit :5) Is there any rules for creating high experience characters?
Well... just give them additional Experience. As a rule of thumb, 100 means Seasoned, 200 means Grizzled, 300 means Exceptional, 400 means Masterful, and 500 and above means Legendary. At least, that's how I'd see it.

You might also want to have them roll for various Setbacks and take Disadvantages that will reflect their previous (mis)adventures.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Valenae

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 16 mars 2016, 20:44

Is there non-magientists univercitiets in Tri-Kazil? I dont found mention about them in books..
The Leader should not hesitate to slaughter the PCs at the slightest mistake in order to instil a heavy, horrific atmosphere

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 17 mars 2016, 08:35

The academies (like in Osta-Baille) have the function of universities ;)
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Valenae

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 17 mars 2016, 19:54

My next question is about osags. I thought that they only live in south in Lands of Deas. But in one canvae in Black Moon there are mention about Osags from Reizite mountains.
So osags living in other lands as well?

Also about Continentals. If mother is pure Continental and father is tri-kazilian the child will be contintal.
But childrens of that character will be tri-kazilans?

And if both father and mother pure continentals - then children of charater will be Continentals.

Iam understood right?

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 18 mars 2016, 14:21

Valenae a écrit :My next question is about osags. I thought that they only live in south in Lands of Deas. But in one canvae in Black Moon there are mention about Osags from Reizite mountains.
So osags living in other lands as well?
Yes. Most of the Osag live in the Lands of Dèas, in the southwest of Taol-Kaer, but this doesn't mean that there aren't Osag tribes elsewhere, though they will be sparser.
Valenae a écrit :Also about Continentals. If mother is pure Continental and father is tri-kazilian the child will be contintal.
But childrens of that character will be tri-kazilans?

And if both father and mother pure continentals - then children of charater will be Continentals.

Iam understood right?
That's up to you. Playing a "Continental" character essentially means that the character is of Continental blood and that they have been raised with some idea of their Continental origins. If a character is of Continental blood but has been raised as a Tri-Kazelian through and through, it would make sense for the character to identify themselves as a Tri-Kazelian rather than a Continental.

Valenae

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 12 nov. 2016, 22:32

Are hardering points temporary trauma or permanent?

Can it be cured?

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 15 nov. 2016, 02:00

Valenae a écrit :Are hardering points temporary trauma or permanent?
They are permanent.
Valenae a écrit :Can it be cured?
This is covered on p. 280 of Book 1, in "Mind treatment": "It is possible to remove Hardening points in the same way [as Permanent Trauma points]."

Répondre