Wound Penalties

Questions and discussions about the game system.
Répondre
Citizen K

Wound Penalties

•    
  • Citation

Message par Citizen K » 30 août 2016, 02:43

Question: Do wound penalties affect a characters Speed / Initiative, or their Defence value? We played our first session tonight and I ruled that it didn't after a quick browse through the rules ... just wanted to make sure I was correct!

Thanks,
Shawn

Citizen K

Re: Wound Penalties

•    
  • Citation

Message par Citizen K » 30 août 2016, 12:00

I've reviewed the Rulebook this morning and verified that wound penalties affect Defence. I'm still uncertain about Speed though!

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 30 août 2016, 14:18

Well... good question...

I think I didn't apply the wound penalties on Speed neither on "mental resistance" (don't know how it was translated)

It seems to me to be a question of game leader style : if you apply strictly to all value, the game is much harder ; if you apply to none, it's far much easier
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 30 août 2016, 16:53

Iris a écrit :"mental resistance" (don't know how it was translated)
It was indeed translated as "Mental Resistance"!

The way I see it, wound penalties apply to all scores, even static ones, except maybe for Mental Resistance. However, as Iris said, you're free to interpret it however you want depending on how harsh you want wound penalties to be.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Deorman

•    
  • Citation

Message par Deorman » 30 août 2016, 21:17

I apply it to everything without distinction, that'll teach those brat players :twisted: !

It makes sense to me that someone about to die is also more vulnerable to psychological invasion.
"La prochaine fois essayez de mourir plus dans le cadre de notre stratégie"

StripelessTiger

•    
  • Citation

Message par StripelessTiger » 13 août 2018, 04:07

I don't think it applies to Attack, Speed, Mental Resistance or Stamina (can't find anywhere in the core books stating such). The reasoning being that it would reduce the die roll by -6 collectively for a -3 penalty. That just doesn't make sense. It's not a permanent reduction to your core character, it is meant to indicate weariness/fatigue/injury affecting your maximum output. The penalty from wounds stacks with other penalties, that should be enough.

It makes sense for Defense since this is used to calculate To-Hit on another character's turn.

However, Speed is only used with an Initiative roll as far as I know. Feats or Perception would be the untrained "reaction" time skill. I don't think you ever roll Speed separately, it is always a Way.

At -3 wound penalty trying to make a 17 difficulty check on a d10 means you would have to roll a 10 (effective 7) with a 10 in the required skill to even achieve it. Tens can be treated as automatic or "close call" success in certain situations, but even still having 10 in a score is the max without training. Even -1 penalty is super harsh.
“What we hope ever to do with ease, we must first learn to do with diligence.”

Répondre