Errata

Questions and discussions about the game system.
Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Errata

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 28 juil. 2013, 12:01

The Book 0 and Book 1 rewards are from the same print run as the previous Kickstarters', so they will include the same mistakes as before... however, in the case of a new print run, we will make sure to bring all the corrections registered!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

WoeRie

•    
  • Citation

Message par WoeRie » 20 janv. 2014, 19:09

I just recreated the characters from Book 1, to a) test my Excel sheet and b) to be fit when I start to create characters for my players. However I found some things, which are either errors or at least things I do not properly understand:

Sid "the Wolf", Varigal: He has a Tragic Love setback, however he has neither received the Trauma point nor the +1 to any Domain (or he has 10 XP left).

Adeliane, Demorthen: She has 5 Oghamic stones, though she has not learned the "Sigil Rann" Discipline. Even more strange she has 30 XP left, so it would have been no problem for her to learn the discipline.

Joris, Theologian of the Temple: No real issue, though he has 20 XP left, which is quite a lot to begin with.

Masha, Bard: As already mentioned in this threat before, she has Melancholy, though the rules wouldn't allow it for her.

Valenae

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 20 janv. 2014, 20:37

WoeRie a écrit : Masha, Bard: As already mentioned in this threat before, she has Melancholy, though the rules wouldn't allow it for her.
To protect Masha I will remind you that taking Mental disorder based on your Ways it is only recommendation, not strict rule.

Also many players start with unspend experience, this is normal.

Please can you try to find errors in Prologue characters?
The Leader should not hesitate to slaughter the PCs at the slightest mistake in order to instil a heavy, horrific atmosphere

Для всех русскоговорящих игроков и ведущих - русский сайт Эстерина "вконтакте":
http://vk.com/club42561184

WoeRie

•    
  • Citation

Message par WoeRie » 21 janv. 2014, 14:10

Valenae a écrit :<...>

Please can you try to find errors in Prologue characters?
I just did, but to be honest, this wasn't a good idea, as it seems that the charaters in Book 0 are either already a bit advanced and/or very much handwaved regarding the rules. Now, I'm more confused and am quite unsure if I have some general problems with character generation in Esteren :cry:

Yldiane, Varigal: The Perception discipline Alertness is not possible for a starting Varigal. She has not even enough XP for it. It results exactly with 0 XP, including the Mentor bonus, without it.

Arven, Fighter: She ends with -20 XP or the +1 bonus of Beautiful is already included in the total (but this was not the case for the book 1 characters).

Ean, Archer: It seems that Perception is used as Secondary Domain. So he is not from the Archer Profession, but from a customized one.

Liam, Scholar: As already written elsewhere, Erudition and Herbalism is too low by 1.

Mòr, Ionnthén: For the advantage Colossus, no XP were charged, leaving him with -60 XP. The domain Demorthèn Mysteries should be 9 instead of 8 (Empathy 4 + Primary Domain 5).

Urvan, Adept of the Temple: This one seems to be a VERY experienced character as he has -70 XP.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with my findings.

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 21 janv. 2014, 19:29

I faced exactly the same problems when I recreated all the premade characters with Corahn-Rin. A list of the premade characters can be saw on the Facebook page, right here : https://www.facebook.com/notes/corahn-r ... 4530991010

Remember that Corahn-Rin uses exactly the same rules in the book for character creation, except the variable disadvantages (which may be different in the next version of the app, I'm still working on it, it's quite long...).

I tried to balance the exp for every character, and so to raise some powers for each characters.

Also, remember that the premade characters were created yeaaaars ago, probably before the Book 1 release. This is why there are some mistakes between their stats and the ones obtained with standard character creation ! ;)

WoeRie

•    
  • Citation

Message par WoeRie » 21 janv. 2014, 21:02

Good to hear, as I used my own Excel Sheet to recreate them and I was afraid I have still some errors in it.

However, fixing the characters would be quite easy, I would say approx. 1 hour for all of them.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 22 janv. 2014, 01:44

The premades from the starter books are indeed not perfectly coherent with the rules about Character Creation. However, as Pierstoval reminded, they were made before the exact rules were set down. Overall, they should be taken more as Character samples than as perfect examples. We could indeed remake them, but I don't think they will change from what they are now.

At any rate, we will make sure to implement any correction in future print runs!

Valenae

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 22 janv. 2014, 06:57

I sudenly notice one more mistake in Arven.
She have fragile disadvantage and somehow also get -1 to Feats.

Fragile just gives -1 stamina.
The Leader should not hesitate to slaughter the PCs at the slightest mistake in order to instil a heavy, horrific atmosphere

Для всех русскоговорящих игроков и ведущих - русский сайт Эстерина "вконтакте":
http://vk.com/club42561184

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 22 janv. 2014, 14:26

Actually, "Fragile" is meant to be the opposite of "Sturdy." Since Sturdy gives +1 to Feats roll for extended actions, it makes sense that, conversely, Fragile gives -1 to such rolls.

Granted, "Fragile" is still confusing since it is meant to be the opposite of "Survival Instinct" in Book 1. "Frail" would certainly be more appropriate.

WoeRie

•    
  • Citation

Message par WoeRie » 22 janv. 2014, 22:17

Ah, I didn't catched that. So, with "Fragile" "Un-Sturdy" was meant, is that correct?
"Frail" is a good word for that, how would you call the opposite of "Relentless"?

Répondre