What is the Aiguille Mòrail?

Discussions around the universe of Esteren and its English series of books.
Répondre
Ahab

What is the Aiguille Mòrail?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ahab » 25 janv. 2014, 23:23

The Aiguille Mòrail is featured on the Taol-Kaer map on page 59 of Book 1 as a noteworthy place. Obviously it was not noteworthy enough to give it an additional note in the book. :) (pardon the pun)

Neither could I find it with PDF search or the index of Book 1 nor in Book 2. What exactly is it and what makes it so noteworthy?

Just asking, because I'm running a game tomorrow and my troupe will venture from Tulg Naomh through the Sighing Wood and via the Mistway to Osta-Baille. So they will come close to this ominous Aiguille Mòrail, and I would like to present it to them.

So I'll be glad to receive some assistance before tomorrow. Thanks in advance guys!

Also: great game! One in the best I've seen so far. Playing will have to prove on the morrow. :)

Elenyl Forgelune
Auteur

Re: What is the Aiguille Mòrail?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Elenyl Forgelune » 26 janv. 2014, 10:15

Hi Ahab,

I come to save you, hoping i'm not too late ;)
You can find a very few information on Book 2 - Travels.
The Mòrail is considered as the highest point of Taol-Kaer. It's name of "Aiguille" (french world for needle) come from its shape, very sharp. Sometimes, clouds come around the top and seem to turn for a while before to be taken away by the wind.

That's all, have fun !

Elenyl, I'm not a traductor, you know why now ;)
Nous sommes des passionnés, bossant pour notre plaisir et pour le votre, dès que la vie nous en laisse le temps.
Ne nous demandez pas de faire vite, nous préférons essayer de faire bien...
Vaille que vaille !!!

Ahab

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ahab » 26 janv. 2014, 20:07

Yes, right in Time. Game just started, and I used a small break to check in here. Now I know about the Aiguille, thanks! One More Detail I won't miss on my players. Cheers!

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 27 janv. 2014, 15:11

Actually, "Aiguille Mòrail" is the result of an unfortunate error during the layout phase: the French name was left! The correct English name is "Mòrail Peak," which is mentioned in Book 2 - Travels, p.23. This will be fixed in new reprints.

Sorry I couldn't tell you sooner!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Ahab

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ahab » 28 janv. 2014, 23:23

Thanks for clarifiying, Clovis. I noticed that the Tri-Kazel map in Book 1 has it named correctly. It says "Morail Peak".

But we didn't get that far anyways, so no problem. Hopefully I will be able to write a sum-up of my game in the future. I'm running my own mix of Esteren and the Dragonbone Throne Saga from Tad Williams. So I'm changing NPCs here and there and a couple of other things of the canon.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 29 janv. 2014, 14:03

That should be interesting! Feel free to share your adventures, it's always good to see new approaches to a game!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Répondre