Demorten and Books

Discussions around the universe of Esteren and its English series of books.
Répondre
Valenae

Demorten and Books

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 25 juil. 2013, 20:26

How do you think are demorthen literate?

Classic druid is hold all they knowledge in oral traditions. What about Demorthens? Is there any mentions in text about this?

And have Ancient Tongue writhing language?
The Leader should not hesitate to slaughter the PCs at the slightest mistake in order to instil a heavy, horrific atmosphere

Для всех русскоговорящих игроков и ведущих - русский сайт Эстерина "вконтакте":
http://vk.com/club42561184

Marax

Re: Demorten and Books

•    
  • Citation

Message par Marax » 25 juil. 2013, 21:29

I don't remember exactly, but I think it's said in book 1, somewhere in the culture part that demorthèn have oral tradition.

We have to remember that books are rare things, the magientist technology is permitting print, but they are not everywhere, and most people doesn't like their methods.

And as you said demorthen are inspired by the Celtic druids who didn't have a written language (the runes and oghams weren't really used as texts, but as symbols...)

So, for my part, there mustn't be demorthen books. Possibly books from scholars that speak about demorthen culture, but from an outside viewpoint i think.

[Sorry for the poor quality of my English, I do not practice t often...]
"Toute personne écrivant un texte qui comprend trois points d'exclamation successifs ou plus ne se verra accorder de ma part qu'une confiance relative à son absence de santé mentale." -Terry Pratchett-

Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Demorten and Books

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 26 juil. 2013, 14:56

I'd agree with Marax: more than "Demorthèn books," there must be "Books about Demorthèn," written by chroniclers, scholars, bards, etc. The Demorthèn culture is almost entirely oral, and I think the most traditionalist Demorthèn would consider writing books a heresy.

However, it is by no means impossible that some Demorthèn could write books about their lot, although it will probablybe more about philosophical thinking than "Demorthèn 101." A good example is the "Habits and Customs" chapter in Book 1, where a Demorthèn precisely writes about his life.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Répondre