Book 0 - Prologue

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
WoeRie

Book 0 - Prologue

•    
  • Citation

Message par WoeRie » 09 oct. 2012, 07:41

Bonjour Esteren-Team,

Many thanks for the nice PDF. I just received it as part of my Kickstarter package. Looks really great and I'm really looking forward playing it soon!

However will this book come out in a dead tree version soon? I think I remember that you wanted to make an own Kickstarter for it. Will this then be only for the printed version (as you already finished the PDF)? Or is the next Kickstarter for something else?

What are the next planned releases?

In the PDF an official compaign is mentioned. Is that already finished in French?

The scenario/campaign "The Monastery of Tuath" is described as part of an album? What exactly is that? Is/will this be available in English?

Many thanks!
Woe

Zoetrope

Re: Book 0 - Prologue

•    
  • Citation

Message par Zoetrope » 09 oct. 2012, 12:36

I've just received the PDF and will be eager to have a read of the scenarios over the next few days! :)

I think the next Kickstarter was for a printed version of this Book 0 Prologue, but I'm really keen to get the English translation of the next key publication, Book 2 Travels! I think that would attract much more interest - could I suggest to the team they consider putting the printed version of Book 0 as an optional add-on for a Book 2 Kickstarter perhaps??

AFAIK the offical campaign book, Dearg (?) is not yet available in French, nor is the other proposed Book 3 Secrets. No release dates either.

The Monastery of Tuath is available in French and is a setting/scenario book, which also came with a GM screen and music CD (D’Hommes et d’Obscurités). The CD was available in limited quantities as part of the Book 1 Kickstarter, as was an English version of the screen.

I guess the guys have to take stock of the success of the first Kickstarter before launching too soon into the next one, as well as continue to work on the French releases given that was their primary market for publication. It would be good to see new books translated into English in parallel with the French publications, if it's possible to do so.

Cheers,
Z

P.S. I wonder if Book 2 should be called "Journeys" rather than "Travels" in the translation, sounds better to me personally....?

JohnK

•    
  • Citation

Message par JohnK » 09 oct. 2012, 14:28

Hullo, Zoetrope,
Zoetrope a écrit :I've just received the PDF and will be eager to have a read of the scenarios over the next few days! :)
Damn, I'm envious! :( Since I didn't get in on the actual Kickstarter, I didn't get the PDF of Book 0, and won't be able to get it in print+PDF until the product goes to Kickstarter (which had better be soon!). One of the things that I didn't like about the main book was that there's no sample adventure in it, so there's no guideline to how to write adventures for the English version of the game and there's no real guideline to how the adventures feel and all. One of the reasons I have been holding off starting an actual SoE campaign to some extent.
Zoetrope a écrit : I think the next Kickstarter was for a printed version of this Book 0 Prologue, but I'm really keen to get the English translation of the next key publication, Book 2 Travels! I think that would attract much more interest - could I suggest to the team they consider putting the printed version of Book 0 as an optional add-on for a Book 2 Kickstarter perhaps??
While I can understand why you're eager for Book 2 - Travels in English (I think all the English folks on the forums are eager for that!), and that it will attract more interest in some ways, bear in mind that Book 0 - Prologue is the first supplement for the game that will have a scenario or three - and bear my comments earlier about that.

I wouldn't want to see the printed version of Book 0 as an optional add-on for the Book 2 Kickstarter, as I don't think it's a viable solution, since that would be an 80-page addition to the Book 2 Kickstarter, and I don't know how much the pledge would have to be for print copies of both books.

I just want to see the next Kickstarter start *now!*, please. :)
Zoetrope a écrit : P.S. I wonder if Book 2 should be called "Journeys" rather than "Travels" in the translation, sounds better to me personally....?
I agree with you on this, I like the sound of "Journeys" better than "Travels". :)
Cheers!

...I'm new to the boards and to Shadows of Esteren, so please be kind to me.

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Dragoslav

•    
  • Citation

Message par Dragoslav » 09 oct. 2012, 16:14

JohnK a écrit :One of the things that I didn't like about the main book was that there's no sample adventure in it, so there's no guideline to how to write adventures for the English version of the game and there's no real guideline to how the adventures feel and all. One of the reasons I have been holding off starting an actual SoE campaign to some extent.
Same here!

I haven't received my PDF yet (I'm just getting one, sadly), but I'm waiting on tenterhooks for it. I looked through a PDF copy of Book 0 in French, and with what little skill I still possess with the language, I was able to read enough to get really excited about the contents.

I'll also chime in saying that "Journeys" sounds better than "Travels."

Arthus

•    
  • Citation

Message par Arthus » 09 oct. 2012, 16:20

Hi!

I'll try to give extra informations about the other books in French...

- Book 0 : available on free PDF format in French, or sold 10 euros in paper. Contains an introduction to the world, a light version of the gaming rules, 6 pregeneretad Pcs and 3 scenarios wich are the introduction of the official campaign (but can be played as one shots)

- Book 2 "voyages" + screen + map of tri-kazel : nearly sold out, won't be re-edited in French (so I don't know if it will be translated). Contains extra informations on the peninsula (geography), examples of Npcs (some of them give clues about the secrets of the world), clues about the secrets of the world, a short bestiary and 6 canvases

- Book 3 : Dearg is part 1 of the official campaign. It is not finished yet (in french), and we have only approximations about the date of release (i'm not sure I've used the appropriate words, excuse my bad english). Nelyhann said in his last com that spring 2013 would maybe be a realistic approximation...

- Book (?) : secrets. Asking is playing with your life. No date is available, but "far" is a good approximation. ;)

- Monastry of Tuath + cd + map of the monastry + game aids: Zoetrope has already given all needed inforamtions. Contains extra informations and options for the temple, and a big scenario inspired by "the name of the rose".

I hope I could help! ;)
La sagesse est un chemin ténu et difficile mon fils, et surtout il est sans fin. Il est naturel et salutaire que l'humilité te le rappelle de temps en temps... Mais n'oublie pas que l'humilité est un guide, non un fardeau...

Daïn

•    
  • Citation

Message par Daïn » 09 oct. 2012, 16:45

Arthus a écrit : - Book 3 : Dearg is part 1 of the official campaign. [...] Nelyhann said in his last com that spring 2013 would maybe be a realistic approximation...
Jeeze, I didn't know that. You've gotta be kidding me!
I think I need to light a candle and pray now...
- Ultimate horror often paralyses memory in a merciful way.

JohnK

•    
  • Citation

Message par JohnK » 09 oct. 2012, 21:56

Hullo, Arthus,
Arthus a écrit :Hi!

I'll try to give extra informations about the other books in French...

- Book 0 : available on free PDF format in French, or sold 10 euros in paper. Contains an introduction to the world, a light version of the gaming rules, 6 pregeneretad Pcs and 3 scenarios wich are the introduction of the official campaign (but can be played as one shots)
Nuts! :( If the English version of the book has the same stuff in it, I'm just dying to get hold of a copy of it! Have to wait until the Kickstarter starts. Nuts! :(
Arthus a écrit : - Book 2 "voyages" + screen + map of tri-kazel : nearly sold out, won't be re-edited in French (so I don't know if it will be translated). Contains extra informations on the peninsula (geography), examples of Npcs (some of them give clues about the secrets of the world), clues about the secrets of the world, a short bestiary and 6 canvases
Mon dieu!! This book better be on the translation schedule! While I don't know what kind of additions would be added to the English version of the book (since the map and the GM Screen were both made available during the English Kickstarter), this book is a definite *must* given some of the material that must be in this! Please, someone, say that this book will be translated to English!
Arthus a écrit : - Book 3 : Dearg is part 1 of the official campaign. It is not finished yet (in french), and we have only approximations about the date of release (i'm not sure I've used the appropriate words, excuse my bad english). Nelyhann said in his last com that spring 2013 would maybe be a realistic approximation...
This sounds like another book that is really on my want list, based on what I'd heard about it and some of the artwork that I've seen in the gallery for it.
Cheers!

...I'm new to the boards and to Shadows of Esteren, so please be kind to me.

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Zoetrope

•    
  • Citation

Message par Zoetrope » 10 oct. 2012, 12:22

Arthus a écrit :- Book 2 "voyages" + screen + map of tri-kazel : nearly sold out, won't be re-edited in French (so I don't know if it will be translated).
Not sure I like the sound of that (do you mean it won't be reprinted in French again, therefore won't ever be available?)! It's a book that is screaming to have a translation through Kickstarter - it offers much more juicy material across a range of topics that is just itching to be translated into English!!

In fact, if I had my preference, I would do Book 2 as the next Kickstarter. I understand, though, that the translation of Book 0 is now finished so it's a simple task to create the printed version now....

Heck, I'll buy into all your Kickstarters anyway! :D

Cheers,
Z

Arthus

•    
  • Citation

Message par Arthus » 10 oct. 2012, 13:24

Hi,

I'm not a member of the official team, so I can't guarantee if a supplement will or will not be edited (in English or in French).

All I can write is what I've heard or read from "officials", who all said (or wrote) that book 2 won't be reprinted in French (that's why a new screen has been made).

Maybe this book will be re-edited in a different form (a biggest book with extra content, or directly included into the book of the secrets.), but I can't guarantee it. ;)
La sagesse est un chemin ténu et difficile mon fils, et surtout il est sans fin. Il est naturel et salutaire que l'humilité te le rappelle de temps en temps... Mais n'oublie pas que l'humilité est un guide, non un fardeau...

Elenyl Forgelune
Auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Elenyl Forgelune » 10 oct. 2012, 15:19

Arthus a écrit :Maybe this book will be re-edited in a different form (a biggest book with extra content)
Sure, it will ! :mrgreen:
We are working on it, you'll have to be patient, as usual with all SoE products :?
But we'll do our best to make it worth...

Elenyl, to be continued ...
Nous sommes des passionnés, bossant pour notre plaisir et pour le votre, dès que la vie nous en laisse le temps.
Ne nous demandez pas de faire vite, nous préférons essayer de faire bien...
Vaille que vaille !!!

Répondre