Introduction of the Members

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
Esteren
Administrateur

Introduction of the Members

•    
  • Citation

Message par Esteren » 29 sept. 2012, 12:59

You have just joined us; take some time to introduce yourself! For this purpose, we encourage you to do so in the thread in the French part of the forum. Click here: http://www.esteren.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7

Welcome to this forum!
L'ignorance est une bénédiction, mais pour que la bénédiction soit complète l'ignorance doit être si profonde, qu'elle ne se soupçonne pas soi-même.
E. A. Poe

JohnK

Re: Introduction of the Members

•    
  • Citation

Message par JohnK » 30 sept. 2012, 04:01

Hullo, everyone,

I've already done this over in the French version of the forums, as suggested by Esteren, and figured posting it again here in the English forums is not too harmful. :)

Pleased to meet everyone here. :)

My name is John Kahane, I live in Ottawa, Canada, am 57 years old, and work as a translator and freelance editor and writer. I've been playing and running roleplaying games since I was in my early 20s, and am also fond of English football, tennis, classic rock, National Hockey League hockey (and the Ottawa Senators, bien sur!), and am an amateur palaeontologist as well as being quite fond of archaeology.

My rpgs of preference these days are PRIMEVAL RPG, PARSEC, YGGDRASILL, BROKEN ROOMS, and of course, SHADOWS OF ESTEREN. I only found SoE recently, and missed out on the English Kickstarter by a couple of hours, but was glad that I could pick up all the materials in English at GenCon Indy in August. Lovely game, absolutely superb and brilliant with great writing and fantastic artwork.

I'm looking forward to discussing Shadows of Esteren here on the forums with both English and French speakers (and everyone in between). I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions!

Oh, and please feel free to respond to me in either language (French or English), since I do understand and can speak and read/write the beautiful language as well. :)
Cheers!

...I'm new to the boards and to Shadows of Esteren, so please be kind to me.

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

kjetilkverndokken

•    
  • Citation

Message par kjetilkverndokken » 30 sept. 2012, 06:50

Hi, my name is Kjetil and I am from Norway.
I found out about this game through kickstarter and pledged for the deluxe version. Everything written about it told me that this was my kind of fantasy rpg.

Im 30 years old, with a wife and a young daughter and a son. Been dabbling in rpg's for 15 years soon, and are producing one myself at the moment.

Ars Mysteriorum

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ars Mysteriorum » 30 sept. 2012, 07:33

Hello!

My name is Anthony Holtberg, aged 29, though 30 by the end of this week. I live in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and currently am performing research I hope to put towards an eventual PhD thesis. My topic of study is Western Esotericism, or, more plainly, magic. I specialize in Renaissance magical practice and my Master's Dissertation was on John Dee's Enochian angel magic.

Following John's rubric (nice to see you again, John!), my favorite RPGs are Wayfarers, Corporation, Labyrinth Lord, Call of Cthulhu, Talislanta, and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Ed. I cut my teeth on AD&D 2nd Edition, so I'm of that strange generation.

I am greatly interested in Esteren and look forward to seeing more about the game!

Random_Interrupt

•    
  • Citation

Message par Random_Interrupt » 30 sept. 2012, 11:19

Howdy, all! I am Matthew Keevil, I live in Swansea in South Wales and I'm one of the writers for Corporation, a sci-fi espionage RPG.

My favourite RPG's are Werewolf: The Apocalypse (the first game I bought, out of a bargain bucket in the Comix Shoppe no less), Wild Talents, RuneQuest, Rogue Trader and, naturally, Corporation, though Esteren is certainly shaping up to be highly placed on that list judging by how good the core book is.

Daïn

•    
  • Citation

Message par Daïn » 30 sept. 2012, 11:28

Welcome guys,
I see there many sharpened minds that will bring the community even prouder.
The game is indeed very good and I bet you arrive at the best moment. An official campaign is on its way to come out and Book3: secrets is the next to be released. How's that sound?

We're gonna have even more material to enjoy ;)

Welcome again ;)
- Ultimate horror often paralyses memory in a merciful way.

mad_matx

•    
  • Citation

Message par mad_matx » 30 sept. 2012, 12:03

(Cross-posted to the international forum and here.)

Hi all, I'm in the Seattle area (USA, Pacific Northwest, 2nd most beautiful spot in the world), and have been gaming on and off for the last 35 years. I'm loving the atmosphere of Shadows of Esteren, and the hints of intrigue and mystery....
Pleased to make your acquaintance;
Matx

Ocule

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ocule » 30 sept. 2012, 17:00

Ello, whats up im a player from Florida, USA. Where the rest of the country goes to die, still awaiting actually playing (its like a miracle im actually a player for once). When i saw Shadows of Esteren the setting sold me instantly, and now is one of my favorites. I prefer dark and gritty settings like Rokugan, Ravenloft and the nWoD universe. Anyways yeah, instant favorite ill probably post my character somewhere here, making a Demorthen character who all i know will have to somehow agree with my other friends Magientist so yeah it will be interesting.

WoeRie

•    
  • Citation

Message par WoeRie » 30 sept. 2012, 20:09

Hi All,

I'm coming from Heidelberg in Germany and I found Shadows of Esteren through Kickstarter as I was searching for a horror+fantasy setting for my current Legend group. I initiatly searched for a setting only, but at the moment I look forward to give the system a try (or more than a try ;)), too.

I'm an 100% old-school player and my favourite games are currently HARP, Cthulhu, MRQ2/Legend and RuneQuest 6. Though, I played Rolemaster 2 for more than 20 years (after a short introduction to MERP), I prefer a bit more rules-lite systems today.

Oh, and I really love Spreadsheets as I'm a programmer and have a love for numbers!

Cheers
Wolfram

Storyteller1976

•    
  • Citation

Message par Storyteller1976 » 30 sept. 2012, 20:41

Hello,

My name is Kai, I'm from Cologne in Germany. Like most of the others I found this game via the Kickstarter (actually a column on RPGNet pointed me to the KS). It was the artwork and the very gothic feel of the gameworld that got me hooked. I'm 36 years old, married, no kids as of yet.

When playing RPGs I enjoy storytelling games, not so much the games with a lot of crunch. Favorite RPG is still Vampire: The Masquerade, with Changeling: The Lost a close second place. Actually I'm a huge White Wolf Fan and own most of their gamelines (including the Vampire 20th Anniversary Books).

Regards,

Kai

Répondre