Introduction of the Members

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
Saint

Re: Introduction of the Members

•    
  • Citation

Message par Saint » 24 oct. 2012, 17:01

Bonjour,

My name's Philipp, I'm from Germany - and I and a friend of mine got "hooked" to the game on the SPIEL in Essen. Someone (I forgot his name, shame on me) from the team gave us a bookmark and introduced us to the book. I was instantly sold on the game - we each bought one of the books.

It seems, I'm the Gamemaster, so it falls to me to look for inspiration on scenarios for the game - back home, the whole gaming group is craving to play the game ;-)

At the moment, I'm still angry at myself, that I haven't also bought the music to the game :-)

iznurda

•    
  • Citation

Message par iznurda » 24 oct. 2012, 17:10

Hi !

Fáilte here and we hope you'll find all you need.

iz

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 25 oct. 2012, 08:28

Welcome / Wilkommen !

Saint, wenn du dich an einen Nammen dich erinnern willst, vielleicht kannst dich von deinem schlechten Gewissen befreien, in den du auf der französichen Facebookseite suchst. Da sind viele Photos und du wirst sicherlich die Leute erkennen ;)

Auf jeden fall ist es immer für uns eine sehr grosse Freude wenn neue Leute das Spiel mögen und hierher kommen :D

StevePR, your curiculum vitae is very impressive ! It's a huge compliment to read that you're interested in Esteren after so many games played, playtested and created ! Thank you !

I hope you'll have here and in game a good time ! :D

Iris
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 26 oct. 2012, 00:30

Sheesh, look at Iris showing her uppity side by speaking German like nobody's business!

Pointless rambling aside, welcome to StevePR (why the "PR" by the way?) and Saint. I hope you'll have a good time among us, and that you'll feel at ease with the community!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Nelyhann
Coordinateur général, auteur & illustrateur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 26 oct. 2012, 07:04

Welcome ! It is good to see again some of you after Essen !
I hope you will enjoy this forum and your game session in Esteren :)
«Patience et longueur de temps Font plus que force ni que rage.»
Le Lion et le Rat - Jean de la Fontaine

ObsidianCrane

•    
  • Citation

Message par ObsidianCrane » 26 oct. 2012, 14:40

*waves*

I'm in tropical North Queensland Australia (at least for another 12 months or so) and discovered Esteren through the last KS. I hope to take it down home at Christmas and run a game at last...

Schattenquelle

•    
  • Citation

Message par Schattenquelle » 26 oct. 2012, 22:46

Salut, Hi, Hallo,

my name is Heiko, I´m from Germany, Berlin, and my age - well let´s say I´m looking back on 28 years of RPG history. I started in 1984 with "Das Schwarze Auge" (L’Œil noir), afterwards I played D&D, Shadowrun, Warhammer, Cthulhu, TRI and others. In the last decade I just collected RPG books and read them since I had no more time for active playing.
I was always hooked on the dark, gritty style of fantasy and I loved Warhammer. Last weekend I stumbled across an article about SoE on an german RPG-Blog. I was so amazed about the artwork and the setting that I started to look for more information about SoE. I was dissapointed that I missed the first KS and I hadn´t the chance to come to the SPIEL. But I ordered Book 1 from a german online retailer. The book arrived today, and I also pledged for the Farl Collection of your second KS today.

I´m very excited to read through book 1 now. You did a spectacular good job!!! Superb art!
Go on... mayby there´s a German version someday: "Die Schatten von Esteren" ;)

Best regards,

Heiko

PS: viele Grüße - Iris :D
Best regards, Heiko

eMail: heiko@schattenquelle.de

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 27 oct. 2012, 06:55

Hello !

Glad to learn that you stumbled on SoE and to see you here now ! :)

Ich bin immer überascht... es ist einfach schwierig sich zu vorstellen, wie es möglich ist dass jetzt Esteren hat es geschaft so bekannt zu werden ! Es ist immer wieder eine grosse Freude neue Leute hier zu lesen, und sich dabei bemerken dass wir auf einer ziemlich kleinen Planeten leben :P

(= always surprised to see how Esteren is now known, and going to be knows, worldwide... very happy... and... the impression to live on a ... very little planet ... .... :P )

Thank you for your support !

Liebe Grüsse aus Frankreich ;)

Iris - mein Jahr Erasmus scheint mir so weit in die Vergangenheit zu sein !! :lol:
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Schattenquelle

•    
  • Citation

Message par Schattenquelle » 27 oct. 2012, 08:45

Iris a écrit :
(= always surprised to see how Esteren is now known, and going to be knows, worldwide... very happy... and... the impression to live on a ... very little planet ... .... :P )
I totally agree with you. Even New Zealand seems to be right around the corner when talking about Esteren. :mrgreen: Greetings to Skywalker!

After all - good work rewards respect. All around our little planet :D
Best regards, Heiko

eMail: heiko@schattenquelle.de

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 29 oct. 2012, 16:44

Awesome! It's great to have such experienced role-players join the community; seeing a young generation of players mingle with more seasoned ones is truly something fantastic, and I hope that everyone will be able to benefit from such a community.

A very warm welcome to all of you!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Répondre