Introduction of the Members

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
tamsyn

Re: Introduction of the Members

•    
  • Citation

Message par tamsyn » 08 nov. 2012, 23:47

Well hello there!

I'm a long time rpger, mother, worker and general hell blazer.

Got into Esteren through the first KS and I'm starting to run Loch Varn tomorrow. Gods help me.

How's you?

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 09 nov. 2012, 00:58

Hello tamsyn, and welcome to the forum!

I hope you'll have a blast with Shadows of Esteren. Loch Varn can be a tough piece to chew at times, but if you follow the guidelines, are able to improvise a bit, and have reasonably serious players, things should be fine. Don't hesitate to share your experience with us!

Oh, and I'm doing fine, thank you!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Dragoslav

•    
  • Citation

Message par Dragoslav » 09 nov. 2012, 06:01

I second the desire to hear about your experience with Loch Varn!

Ravn

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ravn » 13 nov. 2012, 13:24

Hi there everyone.
Name's Ravn (yeah that's my real name) and I'm located in northern Sweden. Been playing and GM'd (mostly GM actually when I take mental stock of it) for over 20 years.

Fell in love with SoE when the first kickstarter was over, but got the version made out of dead trees and have never looked back ;)
There's so many amazing games out there, but a selection of my other favourites would be; WFRP 2nd ed (I actively ignore the 3rd), Eclipse Phase, Unhallowed Metropolis, Degenesis and Mutant; Undergångens Arvtagare (an amazing Swedish game), to name a few.

So cheers! Looking forward to share my stories, writings and ideas here and read all yours!

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 13 nov. 2012, 13:46

Welcome Ravn !

I hope the next books will please you as much as Book 1 !

I don't no much about swedish games, we should maybe open a discussion subject about all the good games we never hear off because of their language... (Undergångens Arvtagare ;) )... Don't hesitate to telle us about :)

Iris
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Ravn

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ravn » 13 nov. 2012, 14:38

Thank you!

Well I don't doubt they will! It's an amazing little gem you have going here!
Iris a écrit : (...) I don't no much about swedish games, we should maybe open a discussion subject about all the good games we never hear off because of their language... (Undergångens Arvtagare ;) )... Don't hesitate to telle us about :)

Iris
That's not a bad idea at all. The French scene have a really good reputation with it's creations, but sadly my French extends no further than "Une poutine s'il vous plaît" (having a Canadian better half and all). But that doesn't stop me from trying to get through both Polaris and Vermine with online translators :lol: .
Mutant; Undergångens Arvtagare ("Mutant; Inheritors of the Apocalypse") has been described as a post apocalyptic "The Wind in the Willows" on amphetamine, with jury-rigged firearms and ethanol burning vehicles, set in Scandinavia. Simply amazing.

But who has not heard of the infamous Kult that caused so much controversy back in the days? That's a Swedish creation.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 13 nov. 2012, 16:48

Wow, I must confess that among all the games you mentioned, I have not played a single one of them (well, except for Shadows of Esteren, obviously), and have only heard about Eclipse Phase. What a shame!

Well, who knows, maybe I'll have an opportunity to get to know them better one day or another... if this occurs, I'll make sure to seize it and see by myself if your praise is justified!

I didn't know that France had a good reputation regarding role-playing games. I always thought French games were considered with curiosity at best... although there are indeed very good games, my favorite most certainly being Rêve de Dragon (translated into Rêve: the Dream Ouroboros). I always have a blast playing this baby, and it's really too bad it did not get more spotlight.

Aaaaanyway, welcome, Ravn! I hope you'll enjoy the company of the Esteren community, and that you will feel like being a part of the whole adventure.

tamsyn

•    
  • Citation

Message par tamsyn » 13 nov. 2012, 19:17

Hi Ravn!

I've played most of the versions of WFRP. The latest one is a bit odd with the cards and dice but it is still fun. We are all about the background anyway.
@xtamsynx

Book 1 Farl Collector
Book 2 Farl Collector
MOT Tri-Kazelian

Murder-of-Crows

•    
  • Citation

Message par Murder-of-Crows » 19 nov. 2012, 00:04

Hi everyone,

I just joined. This is my first post. I am from Germany and I discovered Shadows of Esteren by way of the first Kickstarter, but only pledge for a standard edition. Something I have rectified with the second Kickstarter. :D

I am role-playing for over 20 years, which just goes to show how ancient I am. My favorite games are Vampire: The Requiem and Vampire: The Dark Ages. I have however gm'ed a lot of other games too: AD&D 2nd edition used to be a favorite, as well as D&D 3rd edition, Houses of the Blooded (on which I gave up - frustrated by the author), the Dresden Files RPG (and other FATE variants), as well as countless one-shots or double-tabs in other game systems (most notably Chronica Feudalis, Lamentations of the Flame Princess, and some Savage Worlds).

Currently I am reading Book 1 Universe (finally took the time to do so) and really like what I am reading so far. All the time I was playing (A)D&D, I tried to come up with a game world that had a medieval and celtic feel to it. So Esteren is like a dream come true - albeit 15 years late. I am really hoping that I can place Shadows of Esteren as the secondary game system with my long-standing Vampire The Requiem gaming group.

BTW, my name has nothing to do with wanting to actually murder crows. I love the English collective nouns and a murder of crows basically means a flock of crows.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 19 nov. 2012, 01:02

Welcome MoC (I hope you don't mind the acronym!). Glad that you're seeing SoE as such a promising game for you and your group ; if we can be of any help to you, don't hesitate to ask on one of the existing threads or to create a new one if necessary.

And phew, games I have actually heard about and, in several cases, played! Actually, I'm rather curious; I've heard a little about Lamentations of the Flame Princess, and I was wondering how the game was. Care to give your opinion on the subject?

Répondre