Introduction of the Members

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
paweldaruk

Re: Introduction of the Members

•    
  • Citation

Message par paweldaruk » 09 janv. 2015, 21:36

Cheers, mate! That is indeed the plan. :D

Jill

•    
  • Citation

Message par Jill » 10 janv. 2015, 07:35

Welcome Pawel! I'm Edinburgh based as well - hopefully we can get a chance to play together in Esteren! I ran the game through ORC Edinburgh but there are still far too few people who know about this great game!

paweldaruk

•    
  • Citation

Message par paweldaruk » 10 janv. 2015, 09:49

Hey, Jill! :D
Awesome stuff, I'll keep in touch with you once I've finished going through the books. :) :)

Nordicfancy

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nordicfancy » 20 janv. 2015, 23:07

Hi guys,

I made the obligatory post in the French forum and figured another one here couldn't hurt.

I live in the UK and have not done any RPG since I was very young. Saw the latest Kickstarter that ends in a couple of hours and felt very excited to give this a try.

No idea where to start or how people might play this via Skype or Google chat... Hoping to figure this out in the next few weeks.

First I have to decide what books to buy.

Cheers for now.

Seb

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 21 janv. 2015, 00:29

Seb, if you're interested in playing Esteren online, feel free to check out Ocule's announcement and to contact him directly!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Ocule

•    
  • Citation

Message par Ocule » 21 janv. 2015, 01:18

Yupyup I just updated the thread to reschedule the original game. Didn't have enough players

zintars

•    
  • Citation

Message par zintars » 28 janv. 2015, 14:47

Greetings,

I am Jan from Wiesbaden, Germany. Like many others on this forum, I look back on a long road of rollplaying years. When I first stumbled upon Esteren on Kickstarter, I was a litte sceptical. Woundn´t be the first occurance of hiding behind a beautiful cover. However, after reading the Prologue and much of this forum, I really became quite attached to the concept as a whole. Right now, I am digging through the first book while preparing the Loch Varn Scenario. Hopefully, when I have gained some more experience with esteren, I will be able to contribute some more to this forum.

I am looking forward to hear and read from you all in the near future.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 28 janv. 2015, 23:54

Hello zintars, and thank you! It's good to know that we're much more than a pretty face! We're really eager to improve and to be receptive with our community, so really, if you have anything to ask, feel free to post about it on one of this forum's thread, or to create a new one... not that you wouldn't know how it works, of course :P

I look forward to seeing what you have to share!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

paweldaruk

•    
  • Citation

Message par paweldaruk » 30 janv. 2015, 14:07

@Zintars Hehee, I went along a similar line: ooh, amazing art, so immersive! Let's have a careful peek.
Before I knew it, I was completely hooked. The atmosphere of the game was what I came for (and found it aplenty!) but the substance of all the conflicts (traditionalism vs monotheism vs modernism, amongst others) is what really captured me.

StripelessTiger

•    
  • Citation

Message par StripelessTiger » 09 févr. 2015, 20:18

Greetings!

I live in the US and only speak English, but have fallen in love with Shadows of Esteren. I am kind of glad it is still a rather obscure title which only adds to the mystery of running it with unsuspecting friends. :twisted:

I have ran other campaigns and played numerous similar systems, but Esteren just has that mystical intrigue and simplicity that I like. Not too simple though, as the Sanity system is the best I have ever encountered. It felt natural to me when I picked it up and while I still have many unanswered questions, it can only improve with time.

The idea of playing the personality and not the stats is a wonderful concept and I am trying to breach into the role-playing element more in my sessions.

Nice to meet everyone!
“What we hope ever to do with ease, we must first learn to do with diligence.”

Répondre