Ravenloft or Cthulhu setting with SoE System?

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
Hyrulian182

Ravenloft or Cthulhu setting with SoE System?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Hyrulian182 » 16 nov. 2015, 20:38

Has anybody tried this out?
I would be very interested in some suggestions, feedbacks, advices since my gaming party
loves the setting and system, but we would like to test the game system in others settings as well.

Thank you in advance :twisted:
“A man’s greatest treasures are his illusion"

Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Ravenloft or Cthulhu setting with SoE System?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 18 nov. 2015, 08:12

I see that as a possibility, though it would definitely require some changes, mainly as regards to the Skills, since they're made to suit the Esteren universe. For example, instead of "Magience", you could have "Electronics", to better suit a 1920s world.

Then again, what are you talking about exactly? Inserting the Cthulhu or Ravenloft mythos in Shadows of Esteren, or just using the system to play Call of Cthulhu or Ravenloft?
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Hyrulian182

•    
  • Citation

Message par Hyrulian182 » 19 nov. 2015, 11:46

Clovis a écrit :I see that as a possibility, though it would definitely require some changes, mainly as regards to the Skills, since they're made to suit the Esteren universe. For example, instead of "Magience", you could have "Electronics", to better suit a 1920s world.

Then again, what are you talking about exactly? Inserting the Cthulhu or Ravenloft mythos in Shadows of Esteren, or just using the system to play Call of Cthulhu or Ravenloft?

How about both?
I was aiming just using the system to play CoC or RL :D

I would take the skill "Electronics" and put it into "Science" domain as a discipline :P

Yeah, changes will be required, especially for "Old School" RL since there are more factors that we should be aware of (Dark Power Checks, Darklords, Altered Magic etc.)

Any ideas?
“A man’s greatest treasures are his illusion"

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 19 nov. 2015, 12:06

Hyrulian182 a écrit :I would take the skill "Electronics" and put it into "Science" domain as a discipline :P
In that case, you'd have to remove "Magience" entirely. I think that, preferably, you should keep the same number of Domains to keep things balanced, hence the suggestion of changing "Magience" to "Electronics". However, it's up to you.
Hyrulian182 a écrit :Yeah, changes will be required, especially for "Old School" RL since there are more factors that we should be aware of (Dark Power Checks, Darklords, Altered Magic etc.)

Any ideas?
Well, I'm not a big Ravenloft expert, but I guess you could make use of already existing parts of the Esteren system and tinker with them until you've reached something you're happy with.

So for example, you can add Dark Power Checks as a corollary to the Sanity system, and Altered Magic can more or less follow Esteren's rules for magic, with a few dark twists to fit the Ravenloft universe.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Répondre