Occultism & Ghost stories: Pre-order open on Backerkit

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Occultism & Ghost stories: Pre-order open on Backerkit

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 02 mars 2016, 21:33

Ah, that's good! Sorry we weren't able to answer your question previously. I had asked Nelyhann about it, but since he has been absent for a convention in Cannes, I wasn't able to get a reply from him.

Glad to know that you managed to find a solution!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

alicec52

•    
  • Citation

Message par alicec52 » 28 mars 2018, 04:47

Enskyridion a écrit :
11 janv. 2016, 01:45
So I was wondering if I pre-order the Occultism book from your backerit will that yield the English version or will the English version be released later on?

I was just wondering since some products on the page are listed as being the English versions and I didn't see any kind of label on Occultism.
But you can also use an online translator to understand the book unless there is already a scanned version.

StripelessTiger

•    
  • Citation

Message par StripelessTiger » 28 mars 2018, 10:43

Enskyridion a écrit :
11 janv. 2016, 01:45
...unless there is already a scanned version.
I hope you mean a PDF version, found here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/200 ... -Occultism

Because, just as a general rule, I would advise against engaging in or suggesting actually scanning copies of the book, because that's copyright infringement. Not accusing, just informing. ;)

Listed at the bottom of the cover page:
All rights of reproduction, adaptation and translation strictly reserved. The Code of intellectual and artistic property allows, indent 2 and 3 of article L. 122-5, that firstly, the 'copies or reproduction are strictly reserved to the private use of the copyist and not meant for collective use'...
What this means is that you cannot distribute scanned copies without violating federal law in the United States. I think this applies to the European Union as well. This also applies to the PDFs. We should all purchase the official products to support the creators anyway.

Posting content from the books on the forum in small amounts is considered 'fair use' or else my content might have crossed the line a few times. Studio Agate seems pretty cool in regards to creating content and modifying source material, usually with permission (such as character sheets, summary of events, etc.).

Hopefully someone official can confirm my introspection. :D
“What we hope ever to do with ease, we must first learn to do with diligence.”

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 28 mars 2018, 20:31

StripelessTiger a écrit :
28 mars 2018, 10:43
Listed at the bottom of the cover page:
All rights of reproduction, adaptation and translation strictly reserved. The Code of intellectual and artistic property allows, indent 2 and 3 of article L. 122-5, that firstly, the 'copies or reproduction are strictly reserved to the private use of the copyist and not meant for collective use'...
What this means is that you cannot distribute scanned copies without violating federal law in the United States. I think this applies to the European Union as well. This also applies to the PDFs. We should all purchase the official products to support the creators anyway.
Yes, this law applies in Europe too, and scanning documents & providing them to the web is strictly illegal in this context.
StripelessTiger a écrit :
28 mars 2018, 10:43
Posting content from the books on the forum in small amounts is considered 'fair use' or else my content might have crossed the line a few times. Studio Agate seems pretty cool in regards to creating content and modifying source material, usually with permission (such as character sheets, summary of events, etc.).
Exactly, we are flexible enough to allow players and game leaders to create their own contents (that's how I first created my character manager for Esteren ;) ), but by displaying a small amount of information and keep mysteries inside the books ;)

Répondre