What is needed to increase the community?

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Yepesnopes

What is needed to increase the community?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Yepesnopes » 28 avr. 2014, 09:39

Hello all,

I think this game is great, the setting, the simplicity of the rules...in a time where games like Pathfinder, D&D, SW EotE and similar (characterised by an infinity amount of PC mini powers which deviates the attention from the role play to the I need more XP to improve my character) proliferate, a game like Shadows of Esteren (The One Ring also in my opinion) is like a blessing to me.

The fact that the game has been awarded with several Ennies medals is also a recognition of its value. Yet, I have the impression that the English version of the game (I have no idea about its French edition) lacks so far of a large number of "fans". How can we change this? This game has to be promoted!

Cheers,
Yepes

Pierstoval
Web developer

Re: What is needed to increase the community?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 28 avr. 2014, 18:29

Don't worry, when the video game will be released in English, there'll be a huge arrival of new fans :D

That said, I totally agree : the English and American (and others non-French countries) fans are probably less "active" than French ones

Nelyhann
Coordinateur général, auteur & illustrateur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 28 avr. 2014, 18:50

Hello Yepes,
Thank you very much for your message and support.
Esteren is still new in its english version. You can help by spreading the word and playing the game as much as possible around you.
Maybe this forum make things harder to english speaking gamers because it is mainly in French ? And maybe we do not know the right things to do to promote it in the US ?
If you have any idea please let us know.

Thanks again :)
«Patience et longueur de temps Font plus que force ni que rage.»
Le Lion et le Rat - Jean de la Fontaine

mick red

•    
  • Citation

Message par mick red » 29 avr. 2014, 08:26

The key is to get a presence at as many of the bigger UK conventions as possible to showcase it

UK Games Expo - Both trade and demo attendance
Wyntercon - No trade but some games being run
Dragonmeet - No trade and no demos

Esteren is a game that sells by people picking up the product and seeing its awesome production values I personally believe that the above conventions must have a trade presence where as only Expo does

Deorman

•    
  • Citation

Message par Deorman » 29 avr. 2014, 09:10

I Think maybe you need some more english scenarios here, things peoples get to share on the site.
"La prochaine fois essayez de mourir plus dans le cadre de notre stratégie"

Yepesnopes

•    
  • Citation

Message par Yepesnopes » 30 avr. 2014, 17:41

mick red a écrit :The key is to get a presence at as many of the bigger UK conventions as possible to showcase it

UK Games Expo - Both trade and demo attendance
Wyntercon - No trade but some games being run
Dragonmeet - No trade and no demos
I think this is the way to go. Prepare some convention on shot scenario (may be the ones in book zero are already good) to introduce to new potential players and have presence in the UK and US.

At a lover level, we GMs can promote the game indeed by playing in local stores etc.
mick red a écrit :Esteren is a game that sells by people picking up the product and seeing its awesome production values I personally believe that the above conventions must have a trade presence where as only Expo does
This is true, but besides this, the game itself is great, the setting and the mechanics. I nice review in rpggeek.com may also help.

Shadow Hexagram

•    
  • Citation

Message par Shadow Hexagram » 23 mai 2014, 06:30

Hi Yepesnopes,

I actually agree with you on growing the community, and that's funny because I was kind of saying the same thing in a thread I started yesterday about great session reports posted on RPG Geek ( -> http://www.esteren.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1401 )

In my humble opinion, examples and reports of actual play may also well be a great way to put forward a game as they save potential GMs & players the hassle of having to dig for snippets of info here and there on the Internet.

khowell222

•    
  • Citation

Message par khowell222 » 22 août 2014, 06:13

I would like to see a store button on the front of your web page. Having it the same size as the Kick starter, blog, Facebook, and Music buttons would be helpful.

It would ease purchase of your product and help spread the community.

Other things that would help. You tube! More interviews. The clips I have seen are amazing. The music is great. Keep it up!

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 22 août 2014, 09:17

At least for the shop we will further work on something maybe usable, but it's just currently studied, not a real project for now ;)

khowell222

•    
  • Citation

Message par khowell222 » 22 août 2014, 18:31

No store? :o
How am I going to give you my money?

Kim

Répondre