What is needed to increase the community?

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Pierstoval
Web developer

Re: What is needed to increase the community?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 22 août 2014, 20:51

khowell222 a écrit :No store? :o
How am I going to give you my money?

Kim
There is a Studio2 Publishing store maybe :)

selderane

•    
  • Citation

Message par selderane » 22 août 2014, 21:18

Hookers and blow.

Wait. What kind of attention are we trying to attract precisely?

Meh. I'll go with my original suggestion regardless of the answer.
Book 2 Travels "Osta-Baille Collector"
The Monastery of Tuath "Greater Farl Collector"
Occultism "Farl Collector"

jngoldsm

•    
  • Citation

Message par jngoldsm » 23 sept. 2017, 16:39

I think one thing that might help build the community is to encourage people to develop scenarios and share them with the rest of the community. The books themselves are so extensive and richly detailed--which makes them a real pleasure to read--but it does seem to create a situation in which you need to be extremely dedicated to learn the system and come to grips with the world. Whereas games like D&D or Pathfinder are just so easy to pick up.

SoE's strength is in a sense holding the game back. Those of us who love the game were willing to spend the time exploring the world articulated in the books. But trying to piece them together takes some work. This isn't simply player's handbook, GM's guide, monster handbook, etc... The team is doing something quite unique in not just the mechanics but in the very way the "game" is presented. But it does make it a bit less accessible to the casual player. For example, how does Book 3 actually fit with Book 1? What exactly is the Black Moon Handbook?

Maybe someone could write up a brief summary of how the different products fit together. Also, I come back to my first point about needing more easy to adopt scenarios.

Just some thoughts.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 27 sept. 2017, 14:28

A summary might indeed be a good idea to help newcomers get their bearings more easily. We'll definitely think about it.

Thanks for your input!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 29 sept. 2017, 08:59

I'm thinking about a web-application where people can submit scenarios more easily (mostly canvas, at first) so we can, after that, propose modifications for potential inconsistencies with the universe, and finally propose everyone to download it with an already-formatted PDF.

Not easy to do, but maybe interesting project if web-devs are willing to come :)

Nelyhann
Coordinateur général, auteur & illustrateur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 01 oct. 2017, 19:13

If you wish to support us by organizing demo sessions in a shop or club near you, or if you wish to volunteer for a convention, this is the place to let us know: https://goo.gl/forms/0zLnkiGVvTMUgrx23
«Patience et longueur de temps Font plus que force ni que rage.»
Le Lion et le Rat - Jean de la Fontaine

Iseir

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iseir » 22 oct. 2017, 23:38

I would like to see more active users on the english section of the forum, as more people in the world know english, and would be able to understand what is going on, than having to rely on google translate for the French section for news.

the discord works nicely, but not as active (i compare it to my own discord channel when have at least 1 game a week, and lots of activity between sessions), not sure what can be done, but likely topics or events, maybe some sort of collaboration, would be helpful to keep the community active.

and there is several pages in the esteren books which says "you can get X from the website", but there is nowhere to get X, because it doesnt exist, unless its from book 0. I dont have good examples, but there is a lot of missing information that should be available on this website. Could also add that there should be a simply and quick way to find the extra stuff from the frontpage, like a button for "download section".

Overall, I feel, as an outsider, that the french are good at catering to the french, but to people who doesnt understand french, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 27 oct. 2017, 08:37

I understand your frustration regarding the French section having more content (and more regularly) than the English one. Obviously, that's due to the game (and team and community) being originally French, but we definitely spread the news as much as possible among the English-speaking community as well, which, I hope, shows!

We'll also try to provide more online resources. The shop is a work in progress, and we'll endeavor to provide more content on the "Resources" section on the portal.

Believe in us! ;)

StripelessTiger

•    
  • Citation

Message par StripelessTiger » 16 mars 2018, 07:55

Now that I have spent a good bit of time studying the books, I plan to be more active. Being out of a job helps. :lol:

If there is need, I can try to fill it.

I see alot of recurring issues with the following.
  • Development of more Canvases
  • Chart of relationships between the books
  • Location of resources and game aides
I have spent a fair amount of time roping all of the content in. I know where to get most of it from official sources, and anything lacking I have just made, which I'm more than happy to provide.

If there is anything in particular you need, or want to see, feel free to PM me and I can help create content or explain things. I don't want to steal Clovis' thunder, but I'm sure he has a lot on his plate.
“What we hope ever to do with ease, we must first learn to do with diligence.”

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 19 mars 2018, 15:44

Gosh, that's really nice of you! Thank you for your support, it's definitely appreciated!

Répondre