Maybe a Bestiary Book?

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Hyrulian182

Maybe a Bestiary Book?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Hyrulian182 » 12 janv. 2014, 19:15

Hi :D

Do you attempt to make a bestiary/feondas book in the near future?
Indeed i like the flexibility & open possibility to make your own creatures of the shadows but in some cases that can really be a time-exhausting thing.
“A man’s greatest treasures are his illusion"

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

Re: Maybe a Bestiary Book?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 12 janv. 2014, 20:19

A short bestiary figures in Book 2 - Travels : animals and 10 feondas

For the moment we are not creating a big bestiary book, prefering to propose unique creatures, linked to canvas & scenarios :)
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 13 janv. 2014, 01:31

However, we've thought about it, and an official Bestiary, choke-full with creatures, might come one day.

Might. Not for the time being, at any rate.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Lemminkäinen

•    
  • Citation

Message par Lemminkäinen » 13 janv. 2014, 15:07

I think that a bestiary book for this game could be done with quite a heavy page count per monster. So something like four pages detailing the history, habits and multiple story hooks for each beast.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 14 janv. 2014, 00:52

That's probably what we would go for, similarly to what we've done for the creatures presented in Book 2.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

herkles

•    
  • Citation

Message par herkles » 14 janv. 2014, 02:30

question: In the next books, will there be a beastiery section or is it going to just be spread out throughout the adventure?

WoeRie

•    
  • Citation

Message par WoeRie » 14 janv. 2014, 09:19

If you own Book 2 Travels, it contains quite a nice bestiary. All kind of animals and even some examples of Feondas.

Having further examples of Feondas would be nice as part of canvases, scenarios or campaigns, but I don't think that a full bestiary would make any sense, as each Feondas should be something unique.

Maybe inside or after Book 4, if there is a possible categorization of them...

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 14 janv. 2014, 09:24

WoeRie a écrit :Having further examples of Feondas would be nice as part of canvases, scenarios or campaigns, but I don't think that a full bestiary would make any sense, as each Feondas should be something unique.
I totally agree to this comment. The feondas are indeed unique, and what's important with them is the role they take in the place they live, especially when it's related to human. The dirt-crawler (don't remember the translation) in Book 2 is a good example : what would be the use of such a feond if it did not interact with human ? And to interact with human, the best place is ... a scenario, or a canvas !
In my opinion, this is the reason why the authors prefer to insert feondas into the scenarios instead of making a "free" bestiary !
WoeRie a écrit :Maybe inside or after Book 4, if there is a possible categorization of them...
This is a very good suggestion ! I think that the bestiary you mean, or the informations contained in the upcoming books will be categorized, as there are many types of feondas : dirt, any animal, vegetal, mineral, "invisible", etc.

JesterDavid

•    
  • Citation

Message par JesterDavid » 16 févr. 2014, 19:57

A Bestiary book would be overkill but a nice "monster generation" section would be nice, to give advice on making our own feondas.
5 Minute Workday
My Webcomic and Blog

10,000 Orcs

•    
  • Citation

Message par 10,000 Orcs » 01 avr. 2014, 12:03

I would like to have more generic npc's with stats, something like "Typical Guard", "Bandit", or "Thief". This could be part of a bestiary.

Do you remember Earthdawn by FASA Games? Demons (called Horrors there) were rather unique, even the creatures were special. This didn't stopped the authors to put a small bestiary in the core rules and to publish a book full of creatures and another one with demons. They explained how they could be used in a scenario or adventure.

Some GMs like to work with random tables. When the players decide to go into the wilderness, it would be useful to have some ideas what dangers there could be waiting without having to make them up in the moment you need them.

My wish wouldn't be exactly a bestiary, but more of a tool kit for GM's, which would include a little bestiary.

Répondre