My first game may be this Wednesday!

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
kjetilkverndokken

My first game may be this Wednesday!

•    
  • Citation

Message par kjetilkverndokken » 13 juil. 2013, 20:26

So, I am on vacation back to my hometown and in a few days I finally may get a chance to host this game.

I'm going to use the Poison story from Book 0: Prologue, and only use the rules from the Quickstart and premades - keeping it simple for me and my test-players.
Though I am far from being a novice GM (Give courses on the subject), are there anything that I should consider or pay notice to in the "Poison" adventure?

Glass

Re: My first game may be this Wednesday!

•    
  • Citation

Message par Glass » 13 juil. 2013, 21:50

I never GMd Poison before but I would write down any mportant info on index cards to give to the players during the game when they visit an important location (Location cards), meet a new NPC or confront an ennemy (NPC cards) and when they find important clues (Clue cards). Write the name of the NPC/Location/Clue on each card and maybe a few words to help you describe it to the players and so that they remember what it is.

It will help you to remember all the important elements of the scenario, to make good descriptions and you can use the cards (or write new ones) anytime if things start to slow down (use cards to pace the game or as a currency to reward the players ?). It will help the players to have cards in front of them to search for clues (NPC and Locations) and solve the mystery (Clue cards). Just don't forget to remove some cards once they become superfluous (you can always use them again in another scenario). This may make the game last longer but their investigation will not unwind.

If everything goes smooth, I would also end the scenario as the PCs go back to Melwan and hear the foghorn in the distance. THAT will hopefully get them all excited to play again very soon.
"Ne t'en inquiète pas, jeune savant, il est parfois préférable que certaines énigmes demeurent..."

Dragoslav

•    
  • Citation

Message par Dragoslav » 13 juil. 2013, 21:53

Congratulations! I hope your game goes well, and I'm sure you'll all have a lot of fun, especially if you're as experienced as you say.

I'd be happy to share my pointers about the scenario, but since this is the public part of the forum, I don't want to give spoilers. If you ask for access to the Secrets section (if you don't have it already), you can read session reports from several of us who have run the adventure.

Otherwise, Glass is definitely right, if you can't play the whole adventure in one sitting, definitely end the session with the horn blaring in the distance on the return trip.

kjetilkverndokken

•    
  • Citation

Message par kjetilkverndokken » 13 juil. 2013, 22:46

Yeah, I forgot the GM section - I'll head over there when I am on a computer again :-D

tamsyn

•    
  • Citation

Message par tamsyn » 13 juil. 2013, 23:31

There is a thread for the scenario where some of us have posted the pitfalls we ran into. Good luck!

:mrgreen:
@xtamsynx

Book 1 Farl Collector
Book 2 Farl Collector
MOT Tri-Kazelian

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 02 août 2013, 15:59

Hey Kjet' ... Did you managed to have the time to play ? :)

Hope it was as fun as it should be and that your Players enjoyed it !
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Répondre