The Kickstarter for Book 2 Travels Is Live!

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
Clovis
Traducteur

Re: The Kickstarter for Book 2 Travels Is Live!

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 11 juil. 2013, 08:26

Kryptovidicus a écrit :It probably is because of the way you handled the previous two kickstarters. On top of that, the quality of the material you deliver is very good. Especially the books are beautiful and fun to read.
We are also very lucky to have such an enthusiastic community following us. The initial skyrocketing is proof of that, and makes us very grateful! Personally, I was - once more! - baffled to witness such an overwhelming rush. You guys rock!
Kryptovidicus a écrit :You set the standard high for other companies to follow.
Aw shucks, I don't know if we could really have that kind of impact, but thank you very much for the compliment!
Kryptovidicus a écrit :Congratulations on getting funded, almost at 200% now.
And reached now! We are presently at something like 210% Holy moley!
Kryptovidicus a écrit :I was prepared to take a High Lord of Shadows this time, but there isn't any. Oh well, a High Farl Collector will do as well :-).
As you may have understood already, the reason is that the perk of the High Lord of Shadows is to have your very own Character illustrated and made part of the game. We had a blast designing, drawing, and writing about brand new Characters straight from our supporters' imagination, but in the long run, it would kinda ruin the thing if we just kept cramming more original Characters into the series.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Nelyhann
Coordinateur général, auteur & illustrateur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 11 juil. 2013, 13:50

Esteren‬ is selected by the staff of Kickstarter :D
«Patience et longueur de temps Font plus que force ni que rage.»
Le Lion et le Rat - Jean de la Fontaine

Kryptovidicus

•    
  • Citation

Message par Kryptovidicus » 11 juil. 2013, 16:24

Clovis, I understand the reason why you skipped some of the pledge ranks. Otherwise octobre is suddenly a bit to soon. That's why I was also wondering if the PDF of book 3 will be included. Given the fact that the PDF of book 2 was one of the last things to finish from the previous KS.

The reason that I wanted the pledge is not for the drawing however. But for the fact that you automatically receive all the materials that are going to be released. A year from now my wife and I will leave for a long trip in Australia. Lasting at least a year. So the chances are big I will be missing the next KS :-(.

Anyway, I'm happy to see how many fellow gamers are backing this kickstarter.
Roleplaying is a bit like travelling. You always discover new places and meet new people.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 11 juil. 2013, 18:19

Kryptovidicus a écrit :I was also wondering if the PDF of book 3 will be included. Given the fact that the PDF of book 2 was one of the last things to finish from the previous KS.
I cannot say much about that except that Book 3 will obviously come in due time! ;)
Kryptovidicus a écrit :The reason that I wanted the pledge is not for the drawing however. But for the fact that you automatically receive all the materials that are going to be released. A year from now my wife and I will leave for a long trip in Australia. Lasting at least a year. So the chances are big I will be missing the next KS :-(.
Couldn't you simply have your rewards sent to Australia?
Kryptovidicus a écrit :Anyway, I'm happy to see how many fellow gamers are backing this kickstarter.
So am I! But I guess I have made that clear already, so I won't gush unabashedly for this time!

Kryptovidicus

•    
  • Citation

Message par Kryptovidicus » 11 juil. 2013, 18:55

Sending it to Australia is one thing. But I don't know if there is internet where we are going.
:?
Anyway, I'll probably be able to pick up most of the books and rewards at the kickstarter that comes after the one I missed (that would be the kickstarter for book 5 8-) )
Roleplaying is a bit like travelling. You always discover new places and meet new people.

tamsyn

•    
  • Citation

Message par tamsyn » 11 juil. 2013, 23:21

It looks awesome. Hefty price tag for Farl but need to have it!
@xtamsynx

Book 1 Farl Collector
Book 2 Farl Collector
MOT Tri-Kazelian

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 12 juil. 2013, 01:20

Kryptovidicus a écrit :Sending it to Australia is one thing. But I don't know if there is internet where we are going.
Oh, I didn't expect that you would be going to a place without Internet access. This indeed may make things much more complicated!
Anyway, I'll probably be able to pick up most of the books and rewards at the kickstarter that comes after the one I missed (that would be the kickstarter for book 5 8-) )
Already looking forward to the next ones? Ah, let's get done with this one first! :lol:
tamsyn a écrit :It looks awesome. Hefty price tag for Farl but need to have it!
And yet, as you know, we are really not being greedy! It's just that, unfortunately, we cannot make the whole think work out of goodwill and passion!

Nelyhann

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 12 juil. 2013, 10:29

Very interesting debate here : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/117 ... 1#comments

What do you think ?

Kryptovidicus

•    
  • Citation

Message par Kryptovidicus » 12 juil. 2013, 18:44

I kind of have to agree with Kai. There is nothing wrong with the stretch goals. Only you anounced it like it was something huge, while European and long term backers (who waited and pledged as soon as possible) get actualy nothing.
While I can only say that the choice to make the PDF of book 0 free for everyone is a very good decision.
This way other gamers will quicker learn of and experience the world of Esteren, so the community can grow and the company with it. You guys deserve to do this full time, making your hobby into a job.
It also benefits future projects, as with a larger community, the next kickstarters will be even more a succes.
I have a feeling this kickstarter is different as I'm not backing a project, but a growing company.
The kickstarter for book 3 will probably be again very different.
You mentioned Exalted before and your KS is very like that. A limited edition book with some extra's, and a lot to help you grow.

I appreciate what you are doing and hope to play SoE for many years to come and also wish for many more books to be released. That's why I have chosen a High Farl collector pledge this time.
I hope you succeed where others have failed or have fallen to please consumption behavior.

Keep up the good work

Nelyhann

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 12 juil. 2013, 22:34

Thank you very much Kryptovidicus, I have to say I agree with Kai in many points.
And now we are learning and we are trying to improve. Kickstarter is such a great experience because we build all of this with you!

And yes it is something huge for us, because we are so passionnate. That is why the announcement might seem emphatic. Learning that will get this book into our hands next summer thanks to you... well I feel like a child. But I know it sounds quite selfish because YOU the backers deserve more from stretch goals. We will work on that.

And thanks for your great support with the High Farl. Really, it is so heart warming :D

About your last point, I am so involved in Esteren, I can not betray his soul. All my team trust in me and the editor let me directing the series freely. I spent a lot of time, energy and heart in this world.

See you soon here or on the KS page!

Répondre