Looking for help for Gen Con 2018

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
khowell222

Re: Looking for help for Gen Con 2015

•    
  • Citation

Message par khowell222 » 17 mai 2015, 14:33

Have you found someone to run games at Gencon? I have been looking for them on the event list and have not seen anything. Getting my list together for to see what I need to buy at the booth!

K

Nelyhann
Coordinateur général, auteur & illustrateur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 18 mai 2015, 09:40

Yes, we will propose some events, we need to take care of this for sure but so much work !
We will keep you informed :)

We can't wait to be at the show !
«Patience et longueur de temps Font plus que force ni que rage.»
Le Lion et le Rat - Jean de la Fontaine

cmdowns

•    
  • Citation

Message par cmdowns » 20 mai 2015, 00:02

i'll be at Gen Con to volunteer for Shadows of Esteren. I can't wait to see what SoE brings to the gathering.

Nelyhann

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 20 mai 2015, 06:41

Thanks so much cmdowns and can(t wait to be there will all of you :D

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 21 mai 2015, 20:15

It's good to have volunteers ! Running some playtests can be really great to show how awesome is this game :mrgreen:

heridfel

•    
  • Citation

Message par heridfel » 09 août 2015, 00:43

A post for here as well:

If you wanted to try out my new scenario, Scholars and Cabals, but could not fit it into your GenCon schedule, I've posted it to the Secrets of Esteren forum. It's also there for any Game Leader who wishes to run a scenario not found in the books (though understandably, it is non-canon).

The Google Docs version is a little ugly, but anyone would like a Word version which is prettier, just let me know.
Bien que je puisse lire le français, je ne l’écris malheureusement pas encore très bien.

Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Looking for help for Gen Con 2016

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 23 mars 2016, 01:59

Hear, hear!

As Gen Con 2016 is drawing near, we are now looking for volunteers! Any help would be greatly appreciated, so if you feel like lending a hand, let me know!

Here is the relevant info below:
As you may already know, there will be a Shadows of Esteren booth at Gen Con 2016, which will be run by three members of the team: Chris (one of our prolific illustrators), Nelyhann (the big boss), and yours truly (the translator).

However, Gen Con is a lot for three people to handle, which is why we are going to need some extra support... a support which you may provide! Basically, we need two types of help: Game Leaders and Booth Helpers.

Game Leader

Undoubtedly, the best way to provide people with a good idea of the game is to have them experience it. However, since we will be running the booth, as mentioned above, we won't have time to dedicate to that... not to mention that all of us have zero - or close to zero - experience running a role-playing game for an English-speaking audience. So here's how this works:
  • Your task will be to run one or several sessions of 2 hours (including a short introduction to the universe, the description of the Characters the Players will play, etc.) each. The idea is for such sessions to be demos. If you want to run longer sessions, that's of course possible. 2 hours is just a good benchmark.
  • Obviously, you'll have to register your session(s) on the Gen Con website. Once you've done so, please PM me a link to your session(s) so that we can ensure that everything is in order.
  • So that you may have all the means necessary to run a good session, we will provide you with the following items: a set of 6 premade Characters, official scenarios, a Game Leader screen, and a map of the world.
  • The aforementioned scenarios are Canvases. Simply put, Canvases are short-format scenarios that essentially describe a story's setting, roots, and probable development. They are meant to be played in about two hours, and to provide material for quick sessions or interludes in a larger-scale scenario or campaign. Obviously, if you want to run a scenario of your own, that's perfectly fine, too!
  • To thank you for your help, for every two Shadows of Esteren game sessions, you will be given a $20 coupon to spend at the Shadows of Esteren booth. Additionally, if you feel like coming with us for dinner and drinks at the end of the day, it will be our great pleasure.
For anyone interested, before you do anything, send me a PM with essentially the following information: On which days will you be available? How many sessions will you be able to run ? If you know what it will be, knowing your badge number will also be useful, as well as a phone number to be able to contact you if needed.

Please, only offer your help if you are certain that you will be available. You must all know what a mess results from things not going as planned, so we must really be sure that we can count on your help.

Once we have sorted out everything by PM, you can register on the Gen Con website, then send me the link.

Running the Booth

You'll have to do what you must have all seen booth holders do: stick around, be all smiles, and be ready to provide a rundown about the universe and answer questions.
  • You will remain with us at the Shadows of Esteren booth for the most part of the day(s). You will be given one hour or two to go around, grab a bite, chat with friends, check out other booths, etc. but we will be counting on you to stay with us most of the time.
  • Since the books we've released so far will be our main products, you will be expected to have reliable knowledge about them, so that you can describe them and answer questions about them, the most important one being of course Book 1, the core book.
  • What's in for you? For every day you will help us, you will be given a $50 coupon to spend at the Shadows of Esteren booth, and you will be cordially invited to come with us at the end of the day for a few drinks and some merry chatting.
As with Game Leaders, send me a PM to inform us of the days during which you would like to offer your help.

And of course, once more, only offer your help if you are certain that you will be available. Not getting any help would be a bummer, but being promised help that will not come in the end would be a major pain in the butt.

That's it! For any additional information, do not hesitate to post your questions on this thread or to directly ask them to me via PM; we'll do our best to provide complete and reliable answers.

I hope that we'll have the pleasure of having some of you by our side!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Timbie

•    
  • Citation

Message par Timbie » 21 mars 2017, 22:34

Are you guys going to Gencon 2017? And if so, are you going to need help?

Nelyhann

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 22 mars 2017, 08:03

Yes we will and we will post an update soon about that :)

We are working very hard on Dearg right now.

Nelyhann

Re: Looking for help for Gen Con 2017

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 25 août 2017, 05:38

Gen Con is over. Such great times with friends and all the community. THANK YOU !!!

Some pics : http://shadowsofesteren.blogspot.fr/201 ... on-50.html

Répondre