Introduction of the Members

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Répondre
Alfndrate

Re: Introduction of the Members

•    
  • Citation

Message par Alfndrate » 26 août 2014, 03:32

Hey!

Name is Tom, and I've been lurking this place since I found your booth at GenCon, by far the most intriguing buy of the show for me. Love the art, the feel, the work put into the universe, and the plethora of adventure hooks! I've simply shown the artwork to my RPG group and they're salivating to try this out. I'm just doing a little bit more reading of Book 1 and 2 before I try running something.

I've got say, the English translation is extremely well done and for the most part I found only one part that made my scratch my head due to the context of the words around it.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the English translation of Book 3 so I can grab it and the cds that have accompanied the previous kickstarters (if they'll be available, I do so hope they will be!)

Keep up the great work guys.

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 01 sept. 2014, 12:01

Hello & Welcome to Shawnrau, khowell222 and Alfndrate !

Happy to read you discovered the game at the GenCon this summer ! :D You certainly met Clovis, Nelyhann and Chris ;)

Hope you will have good times playing Shadows of Esteren !

If you become Game Leader, don't hesitate to MP to "Esteren" (red) to gain access to the "Secrets" section, in ordre to speak with other Game Leaders about your creations and Players :)
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 02 sept. 2014, 00:58

Hey, Shawn, Kim, and Tom! Thank you very much for your interest in Shadows of Esteren, and for going as far as to registering in our forums! As you can see, the English section is still quite modest, but let us hope that with your presence, it will get livelier!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

aerum

•    
  • Citation

Message par aerum » 02 sept. 2014, 06:20

Hi everyone. My name is Brian, from New York. I've played and led several games over the years, mostly classic World of Darkness and Exalted, but a few others as well. Next month will be my first attempt at being a GM in 10 years. I was looking around for something new to run and found this game. Looks like a great game and a great community you have here. I'm really looking forward to running it for my friends.

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Iris » 02 sept. 2014, 07:37

Hi & Welcome Aerum !
aerum a écrit :Next month will be my first attempt at being a GM in 10 years.
You may find some scenarios in Book 0 - Prologue that offer you a quite good variety of situation ... and PDF available for free ;)
aerum a écrit : Looks like a great game and a great community you have here.
Thanck you ! :D
aerum a écrit :I'm really looking forward to running it for my friends.
Don't hesitate to MP to Esteren (red) to have access to Secrets sections, you may find some homemade scenarios and many Game Leader to speak with :)
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 02 sept. 2014, 15:49

Hello Brian!

Shadows of Esteren is a good game to start GM-ing anew, since the rules are quite simple, which makes it easier for the GM to focus on the atmosphere and the essence of the scenario itself. Plus, it's similar to World of Darkness in some ways, so you should be in not-so-unfamiliar ground. I hope it will indeed prove adapted to your style and to your players' as well!

KrisstoffUK

•    
  • Citation

Message par KrisstoffUK » 11 sept. 2014, 21:19

Scottish Gamer here

Found the kick-starter for Tuath just after it finished but managed to bag a OSTA BAILLE RELOAD pledge with Jim, thanks.

Since then I popped out and bought the first 3 books, well 0,1and 2 love the imagery and the concepts.

Going to wait till my big package arrives before allowing my group to explore this fantastic world.

nice to be part of a great new fantasy experience

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 12 sept. 2014, 16:44

Hello Kristoff, and welcome! We're always glad to have new members. I hope you'll fully enjoy your rewards!

paweldaruk

•    
  • Citation

Message par paweldaruk » 09 janv. 2015, 11:31

Hey guys & gals!! :)

My name is Pawel and I'm based in Edinburgh, UK. Have been RPGing for the past 20 years, but I'm only discovering Esteren now (during the Occultism Kickstarter). Having read the Prologue book I just went ahead and bought Universe, Travels and the Monastery straight away. What a fascinating setting this is!
I'm in the process of immersing myself in as much knowledge as I can, before I introduce this world to my wife - the main player. :)

I'll probably be posting various questions and comments in the English part of the forum.
Nice to meet you all!

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 09 janv. 2015, 20:38

A pleasure to welcome you pawel! I hope Shadows of Esteren can give you and your Players awesome sessions!

Répondre