[EN] International forum?

C'est ici que tout commence...
Présentations, questions, recherche de joueurs, Esteren Tour, annonces de manifestations, concours…
Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

About Tuath

Message par Iris » 04 août 2012, 12:13

Hi !

About the "Tuath Monastery", I don't know when exactly it will be translated... but you will probably wait a little more than an year...

In fact, the books in french are :
  • Livre 1 - Univers : translated and soon available
  • Livre 2 - Voyage : currently translated, it should be nearly finished next summer. Content : some short stories, a big scenario, different places, some creatures...
  • Prologue : soon available
  • Monastère de tuath : ... ?
For the french production, two other books will (as) "soon" (as possible) be ready...

We hope we succeed to keep a good work cadence in order that nobody has to long to wait for a book ;)
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

kjetilkverndokken

Re: About Tuath

Message par kjetilkverndokken » 04 août 2012, 12:42

Iris a écrit :Hi !

About the "Tuath Monastery", I don't know when exactly it will be translated... but you will probably wait a little more than an year...

In fact, the books in french are :
  • Livre 1 - Univers : translated and soon available
  • Livre 2 - Voyage : currently translated, it should be nearly finished next summer. Content : some short stories, a big scenario, different places, some creatures...
  • Prologue : soon available
  • Monastère de tuath : ... ?
For the french production, two other books will (as) "soon" (as possible) be ready...

We hope we succeed to keep a good work cadence in order that nobody has to long to wait for a book ;)
Will all the maps and art from the different boks like Tuath be in the Translated also? Because that would be great! :D

Iris
Première assistante coordinatrice & auteur

Of course !

Message par Iris » 04 août 2012, 15:50

As far as I know, there will be no difference between the french and english version,

So the maps & art will certainly be the same ;)
Si je ne suis pas là, vous pouvez me trouver ici ou ou par MP.

iznurda

Re: International forum?

Message par iznurda » 04 août 2012, 16:03

kjetilkverndokken a écrit : This would probably be a 6 hour event, with a high possibility to actually have two sessions. So the conventional way would be the safest bet.

Theme: Mystery and investigation - I want to show of maybe a beginning of Esteren with its daily life for the Monks. But there is some dreadful secret, maybe hidden from initiates of the order - or something from the outside. I am not sure yet, but something lovecraftian would be nice :).

My thoughts were that the whole player group was monks - young ones, maybe right after initiation into the order.
The monastary could be isolated or maybe conected to a small village.
Ok, I start a brainstorming with the other GM in our secrets section with that. Do you really want a monster or can we exploit the human's darkness ? I personally prefer suggest the surnatural and dealing with all the bad sides of the humanity.

To the authors, would it be possible to have a short glossary in english of the most current terms ? It could help us to discuss both english and french and make our own translation

iz

kjetilkverndokken

Message par kjetilkverndokken » 04 août 2012, 16:26

iznurda a écrit :
kjetilkverndokken a écrit : This would probably be a 6 hour event, with a high possibility to actually have two sessions. So the conventional way would be the safest bet.

Theme: Mystery and investigation - I want to show of maybe a beginning of Esteren with its daily life for the Monks. But there is some dreadful secret, maybe hidden from initiates of the order - or something from the outside. I am not sure yet, but something lovecraftian would be nice :).

My thoughts were that the whole player group was monks - young ones, maybe right after initiation into the order.
The monastary could be isolated or maybe conected to a small village.
Ok, I start a brainstorming with the other GM in our secrets section with that. Do you really want a monster or can we exploit the human's darkness ? I personally prefer suggest the surnatural and dealing with all the bad sides of the humanity.

To the authors, would it be possible to have a short glossary in english of the most current terms ? It could help us to discuss both english and french and make our own translation

iz

I am all for the best of both worlds, but maybe something caused by the humans?
And thanks, I really appreciate this :)

iznurda

Re: [EN] International forum?

Message par iznurda » 04 août 2012, 22:38

I have in my mind a story of malediction, strange deaths and humans motivations. I do'nt have all the details yet, just the start. Maybe new ideas from the others will help.

iz

kjetilkverndokken

Message par kjetilkverndokken » 04 août 2012, 23:56

iznurda a écrit :I have in my mind a story of malediction, strange deaths and humans motivations. I do'nt have all the details yet, just the start. Maybe new ideas from the others will help.

iz
Really looking forward to this - and I must say, this is one of the friendliest non Norwegian forum communities I've been to :)

iznurda

Message par iznurda » 05 août 2012, 10:13

I think you need a handle of PJ with the story. No problem about but in that case I had the idea of giving them different motivation in relation with the drama. I go on a one-shot adventure, I just hope she will be long enough for two sessions.

Do you have a deadline ?

iz

kjetilkverndokken

Message par kjetilkverndokken » 05 août 2012, 12:08

For that specific story - beginning of october, so lots of time :)

iznurda

Message par iznurda » 09 août 2012, 09:12

kjetilkverndokken a écrit : Thanks,it clears alot up. I I have downloaded the French book 0. But with Google translate quite a bit is lost of the meanings.
(...)
I just saw that story was not part of the kickstarter, but maybe the next :)

But the three stories: Loch Varn, Red Fall, and Poison are included in what I get. Can anyone give a short synopsis on what they are about?
Where are you in the read of the French book 0 ? Have you some question about something ? Do you always need a short synopsis of the three stories ?

iz

Verrouillé