Errata

Questions and discussions about the game system.
Valenae

Errata

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 06 déc. 2012, 23:29

Is there something important in French version of Errata? Or this mistakes was fixed in English version?
The Leader should not hesitate to slaughter the PCs at the slightest mistake in order to instil a heavy, horrific atmosphere

Для всех русскоговорящих игроков и ведущих - русский сайт Эстерина "вконтакте":
http://vk.com/club42561184

Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Errata

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 07 déc. 2012, 07:35

The mistakes that appeared in the French version have been corrected in the English one... however, because of translation errors or typos, other ones have also appeared.

I have kept an English errata gathering all the errors that I have noticed or that have been pointed out by members of the community. It will be made available in the future.

Still, so far, all of the problems reported are minor ones. The biggest one so far was that, on p.247, the word "radius" was used twice instead of "diameter", leading to slightly erroneous rules about Demorthèn powers.

All of the other errors (and there aren't that much of them) are mostly typos and impact the game in no serious way.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Gully

•    
  • Citation

Message par Gully » 08 déc. 2012, 07:26

Clovis, could you check the Tobacco entry in the French translation? Dependency is listed as strong (in the English) which seems inaccurate ... and no drug at all is listed as Mild even though that option is described in the book.

Thanks!

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 08 déc. 2012, 14:55

Done and done. No problem there: all these elements were faithfully copied from the French version of the book, and there is no mistake to report here.

I'd say that maybe there was an error in the original version, but since no errata reported this, it must simply mean that it's how the designers of the game considered things to be.

If you think some elements in this list should be changed, feel free to create a thread on the forum to discuss it with the other members!

Valenae

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 09 déc. 2012, 00:40

I have found one mistake in preroll characters. Lian must have erudition and herbalism 10 and 11, not 9 and 10
The Leader should not hesitate to slaughter the PCs at the slightest mistake in order to instil a heavy, horrific atmosphere

Gully

•    
  • Citation

Message par Gully » 09 déc. 2012, 03:10

Masha (Book 1 pregen) also has the latent disorder Melancholy, even though she doesn't meet the requirements for it ...

Valenae

•    
  • Citation

Message par Valenae » 09 déc. 2012, 23:03

I think it is normal. Book allows to have any disorder.

Gully

•    
  • Citation

Message par Gully » 09 déc. 2012, 23:37

Valenae,

Why do you say that? Here is the quote from the book:

"The disorder must be chosen for a Way with a major (4 or 5) or minor (1 or 2) rating. Only Phobia may indifferently be chosen by all the Players." pg. 273

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 10 déc. 2012, 14:14

Valenae a écrit :I have found one mistake in preroll characters. Lian must have erudition and herbalism 10 and 11, not 9 and 10
As I mentioned in the "Poison" thread, I have taken note of this, and it will be corrected in further editions of Book 0.
Gully a écrit :Masha (Book 1 pregen) also has the latent disorder Melancholy, even though she doesn't meet the requirements for it ...
You're right... truth be told, I never gave it much thought, so it's the first time I notice it! I think the error is there because Book 1 was the first Esteren book to be published, so the characters were probably created before the rules for Sanity were entirely finalized, hence this discrepancy.

I'll make sure to deal with the issue and have it mentioned in an Errata to come.

tamsyn

•    
  • Citation

Message par tamsyn » 10 déc. 2012, 19:21

Not sure if I should mention this here or in the Poison thread by a place is referred to - Neart's stronghold - and I can't find any details about it anywhere. Or have I just missed it?
@xtamsynx

Book 1 Farl Collector
Book 2 Farl Collector
MOT Tri-Kazelian

Répondre