Question about Mental Disorders

Questions and discussions about the game system.
Répondre
Gully

Question about Mental Disorders

•    
  • Citation

Message par Gully » 11 nov. 2012, 19:44

As a character goes from Balance->Symptom->Syndrome->Madness certain things occur. For example when in "Symptom" for Melancholy a character "feels tired, and lacks motivation". Next, at Syndrome, the character gets +2 to Mental Resistance rolls derived from being in danger. The character also receives a Strengthening and/or Weakening in his/her way.

My question. For disorders like Melancholy does a characters receive both a strengthening in the Way of Conviction AND a weakening in the Way of Combativeness ...

or ...

does a character who has Melancholy because they have a minor in Combativeness only receive the weakening in combativeness, and a character that has Melancholy because they have a major in Conviction only receive a strengthening?

The second option seems more appropriate sense some disorders only have one choice anyway, but I wanted to double check with the community.

Thanks!

Gully

Re: Question about Mental Disorders

•    
  • Citation

Message par Gully » 11 nov. 2012, 20:47

After reading more disorders I suspect its actually suppose to be both ... but I'm interested in others thoughts too.

Edit: Side question, do characters only get these bonuses (and negatives) when in crisis?

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 11 nov. 2012, 22:58

As your Disorder gets worse, your Ways indeed undergo both one Weakening and one Strengthening.

For example, let's say I'm a knight with the following stats: Combativeness 4 Creativity 2 Empathy 3 Reason 1 Conviction 5

If I reach the "Depressive Syndrome" state, I will get a +1 in Conviction and a -1 in Combativeness. Thus: Combativeness 3 Creativity 2 Empathy 3 Reason 1 Conviction 6

And such changes will not disappear until I go back to at least a state of Symptom. However, if I manage to lose enough Trauma points to make me reach 9 or less, my Ways will go back to normal.
Dernière modification par Clovis le 14 nov. 2012, 17:48, modifié 1 fois.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Gully

•    
  • Citation

Message par Gully » 14 nov. 2012, 04:45

Thanks Clovis ... going through the rules with a fine tooth comb, getting ready to GL.

Deorman

•    
  • Citation

Message par Deorman » 14 nov. 2012, 05:01

Remember however your ways cannot go bellow 1, if I am correct if you one of your way cannot weakened anymore another weakened instead (it must be specified for every disorder which ways are affected).
"La prochaine fois essayez de mourir plus dans le cadre de notre stratégie"

Nelyhann
Coordinateur général, auteur & illustrateur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 22 nov. 2012, 15:36

Hi Gully, it is good to see you around there :)

I am the designer of the mental disorders system, I hope you and your players will enjoy playing and roleplaying with it!
Edit: Side question, do characters only get these bonuses (and negatives) when in crisis?
You know, I think mad person are in fact extraordinary people. Becoming crazy, these people develop extraordinary talents. So, if I remeber well, bonuses apply all the time.

But the danger is those crises, which can be very violent. This is the bad side of things.
«Patience et longueur de temps Font plus que force ni que rage.»
Le Lion et le Rat - Jean de la Fontaine

Répondre