Combat Questions

Questions and discussions about the game system.
Dragoslav

Re: Combat Questions

•    
  • Citation

Message par Dragoslav » 10 oct. 2012, 07:07

Interesting approach. Sounds like that could cover most cases pretty well.

AssenG

•    
  • Citation

Message par AssenG » 10 oct. 2012, 08:14

Also, there's nothing in the rules to contradict that one, either.
So I guess, entering combat time as soon as they see each other if some PCs or NPCs have ranged weapons, and just describing the closing narratively if there aren't any? Sounds like a happy compromise to me, and includes nothing that contradicts the RAW.

Nelyhann
Coordinateur général, auteur & illustrateur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Nelyhann » 10 oct. 2012, 08:36

In particular, everything in the Attitudes section implies to me that it's about when a fight has already started. Personally, I'd handle the start of the fight narratively, and then call for initiative only when the hitting starts. Movement is then an Attitude that's used for people doing other things around the ongoing fight.
You are right here. This is the point3

If we have two close combat fighters away from each other, then the fight has not started yet. So the rule don't apply and you need to describe it narratively.

So for that :
Can a character move up to an enemy and attack it in the same round?
Yes, as far as none of the fighter have a missile weapon.

If we have two fighters away from each other, and one of the figther have a missile weapon, so combat is engaged and rules apply : if the fighter without missile weapon is the quickiest, he can use Attitude mouvement to come close to the warrior with the missile weapon (who will not be able to use his missile weapon this round). Please note the other warrior will not attack either because he used his round to move.

But if the warrior with missile weapon is the quickiest, so he can attack and launch his missile weapon before the other warrior come close.

And the new round begin...

Sorry for my bad english, I hope it is quite clear for you :)
«Patience et longueur de temps Font plus que force ni que rage.»
Le Lion et le Rat - Jean de la Fontaine

Dragoslav

•    
  • Citation

Message par Dragoslav » 10 oct. 2012, 14:56

That makes sense, thanks. :)

Almeidafreak

•    
  • Citation

Message par Almeidafreak » 19 mai 2016, 23:53

Nelyhann a écrit :
(who will not be able to use his missile weapon this round).
Sorry for shamelessly bumping this, but I still have some questions, regarding what's written in page 237 of the book:
in a Quick Attitude, the PC’s arrow is fired as soon as his bow is drawn
Does this mean that, even if the fighter with the missile weapon loses initiative, he will still be able to shoot in the same round?

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 20 mai 2016, 14:12

Well, no. Characters always act in the order determined by Initiative, so even if someone has picked the Quick Attitude, they will still act in the normal order.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

StripelessTiger

•    
  • Citation

Message par StripelessTiger » 21 août 2016, 10:40

Clovis a écrit :Well, no. Characters always act in the order determined by Initiative, so even if someone has picked the Quick Attitude, they will still act in the normal order.
The Quick attitude re-determines their initiative stat at the beginning of the round and causes them to get bumped up in turn order, correct?
“What we hope ever to do with ease, we must first learn to do with diligence.”

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 22 août 2016, 22:44

The Quick Attitude adds the Character's Potential to their Speed, so that may indeed cause them to act before other Characters compared to the order before.

Let's say I have a Character with a Speed of 6 and a Potential of 2. I'm fighting against someone with a Speed of 5.

We both roll for Initiative, and I get 5 (for a total of 11) and they get 7 (for a total of 12). Therefore, my opponent acts first.

However, I choose "Quick" as my Attitude, which means my Initiative is brought to 13, and that I act first in the end... provided my foe doesn't pick the Quick Attitude as well!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Répondre