Basic themes of Shadows of Esteren ?

Discussions around the universe of Esteren and its English series of books.
Répondre
JohnK

Basic themes of Shadows of Esteren ?

•    
  • Citation

Message par JohnK » 04 sept. 2012, 19:29

Hullo, Iz,
iznurda a écrit :Welcome here JohnK !

We'll pleasure to answer you, in english or in french, waiting time of the international section of these forum. I think lot of us try to respond en anglais ( :mrgreen: ) if they can, me in the first place.
Merci pour l'acceuil, Iz, c'est tres gentil et genereux. :)

There are, at this point, so many questions about the game that I could be asking, but I feel as if I need to wait until I read the entire rulebook before I should start, as I'm hoping that some of my questions will be answered.

One question I will ask right here and now, though I don't know whether this is the right part of the forums to ask it is: What are some of the basic themes of Shadows of Esteren that Game Leaders should be trying to focus on in the game? (Perhaps one should move that question to another section of the forums?)
Cheers!

...I'm new to the boards and to Shadows of Esteren, so please be kind to me.

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Pwyll

Re: Présentations

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pwyll » 04 sept. 2012, 21:22

If you're familiar with French pronunciation, Esteren is like : "Est-ce thé reine" :D
What are some of the basic themes of Shadows of Esteren that Game Leaders should be trying to focus on in the game?
Regarding this point... well, it's highly subjective for sure. As far as I'm concerned the aspects of Tri-Kazel that appeal to me the most are:

For the context first : Harshness of living conditions, mixed and different beliefs, cultural clash, danger and violence.

For the character motives: faith, doubt, tension, occult investigation, human cruelty / human empathy

For the game atmosphere: eerie incomprehension, fear, sparse discoveries, and finally well timed horror.
Le deux fois né, seigneur de l'arbre de l'été.

Boernac Gris
Modérateur

Re: [EN] Basic themes of Shadows of Esteren ?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Boernac Gris » 04 sept. 2012, 21:46

I move the question as asked in the right part of the forum.
Discuss freely.

I upgrade the INDEX too.

BG
Modérateur du forum des Ombres d'Esteren
N'hésitez pas à me contacter pour toute question relative au forum ou son contenu, soucis, etc.

Pwyll

Re: [EN] Basic themes of Shadows of Esteren ?

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pwyll » 04 sept. 2012, 22:25

Thanks Boernac, you are as reactive as you are fluffy ! :lol:

PS. When will we get the official peluches?
Le deux fois né, seigneur de l'arbre de l'été.

JohnK

Re: Présentations

•    
  • Citation

Message par JohnK » 06 sept. 2012, 16:17

Hullo, Pwyll,
Pwyll a écrit :If you're familiar with French pronunciation, Esteren is like : "Est-ce thé reine" :D
So I've been told, over in the other thread. :)
JohnK a écrit :
Pwyll a écrit : What are some of the basic themes of Shadows of Esteren that Game Leaders should be trying to focus on in the game?
Regarding this point... well, it's highly subjective for sure. As far as I'm concerned the aspects of Tri-Kazel that appeal to me the most are:

For the context first : Harshness of living conditions, mixed and different beliefs, cultural clash, danger and violence.

For the character motives: faith, doubt, tension, occult investigation, human cruelty / human empathy

For the game atmosphere: eerie incomprehension, fear, sparse discoveries, and finally well timed horror.
Thanks for the multi-themed answer to this, Pwyll. Very much appreciated. :)

I'm going to have to give these themes some more thought, and see how I feel about them. I will definitely get back to you in this thread. :)
Cheers!

...I'm new to the boards and to Shadows of Esteren, so please be kind to me.

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

Répondre