Corahn-Rin, character manager by Pierstoval

Here is where everything begins...
Introductions, questions, looking for players, the Esteren Tour, event announcements, contests...
Pierstoval
Web developer

Corahn-Rin, character manager by Pierstoval

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 30 mai 2014, 15:27

Hi everyone !

Just to say it, I made a software years ago named "Corahn-Rin" (after the tree of life in Esteren).

Its purpose is to create a character with the same steps as in the Book 1 - Universe !
After creation, you can print the character sheets in JPG, or you can create an account and link your character to your account, then you can print the character in PDF version.
The GREAT feature is that you are able to MANAGE your character : change its content, add items, etc. ; you also can associate it with a Campaign ! It's a simple tool that allows you to give rewards (XP or items) to your characters for them to Spend their experience !

I think this is a great tool, and it also is the reason why Nelhyann and the team wanted me to work for Esteren Maps (currently in progress ;) ).

I rebuilt the translating system some days ago, now it's not fully translated but translation works, and a good part of the app is translated !

I would be reaaaally pleased if english-speaking people could at least take a look at it and try it, I bet you'll like it ! Its concepts are probably unique in the RPG universe, so I wonder it will really please you as it does to me :)

Enjoy it :

Corahn-Rin, character manager and editor for Shadows of Esteren

Clovis
Traducteur

Re: Corahn-Rin, character manager by Pierstoval

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 30 mai 2014, 21:52

Make sure to take a look! Piers has worked on this for quite a long time, and it's quite handy for creating and managing characters!
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Yepesnopes

•    
  • Citation

Message par Yepesnopes » 31 mai 2014, 15:56

Looks great, although it gives me problems when browsing with Safari

Quixol

•    
  • Citation

Message par Quixol » 31 mai 2014, 21:22

I agree it looks like it will be quite useful...however after I select a "people" the button for Next Step only removes the people I've choosen and does not move to the next step. This is on Chrome.

Clovis
Traducteur

•    
  • Citation

Message par Clovis » 31 mai 2014, 22:57

Yepesnopes a écrit :Looks great, although it gives me problems when browsing with Safari
What problems in particular?
Quixol a écrit :I agree it looks like it will be quite useful...however after I select a "people" the button for Next Step only removes the people I've choosen and does not move to the next step. This is on Chrome.
Odd! I'm sure Pierstoval will look into it as soon as he has the time.
Allez, come on, allons-y, here we go, en avant, godspeed, hardi, let's do this!

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 31 mai 2014, 23:30

Omg you were right about mentionning it, I don't understand why nobody told me before ! Since the last update, I changed the way URLs are made (there is a "/fr" or "/en" before the rest of the url), and I forgot this part in javascript files...

The bug is fixed, please forgive me for such a beginner mistake ;)

Quixol

•    
  • Citation

Message par Quixol » 01 juin 2014, 04:41

Well, you have done an amazing amount of work and effort...the least those of us online can do is make use of it. Um, so here's the thing Now it does not move on at Social Class.
I select Clergy, my two domains and the Next comes up, but then same thing happens. Erases selection and nada.

On another note, I am in software development, and as you probably know, its all the simple mistakes that get us, when we are moving 100 mph, or kmh for those in ALMOST everywhere else in the world, that gets us.

Luckily, I am in product management, so never make coding mistakes. Just bad requirements. :(

Shall continue to look forward to testing this out as time allows.

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 01 juin 2014, 11:22

My job is also in software development, and I'm specialized in web applications :) . My everyday work is to develop web-apps in web format (as opposed to mobile apps, in phones or tablets). I have to read several reports every day (on a "Redmine" internal project manager, if you know it. Kinda like "Mantis", but much better !), and yea, even if you're a pro developer, there's always awesome bad-ass functionalities you're proud of developing, and you ALWAYS forgot one minor point that break all the app in production env :p

Thanks for your comments, I made several modifications on Corahn-Rin this morning, including fixes to the bugs you mentioned to me :)

Also, I have created a "Redmine" page for the app : http://tests.pierstoval.com/redmine/pro ... hn-rin-v1/ if you want to make bug reports or evolutions proposals :)

Quixol

•    
  • Citation

Message par Quixol » 01 juin 2014, 14:21

Thanks for all of this again. I signed up to review bugs and provide feedback via the site.
Two things via this post though.
1. Social Class - Can only select one option skill, and not the second, so no next button. This happens regardless of social class I select.

2. If you ever feel like moving a bit more south, Amadeus software is hiring in Sophia Antipolis. :) hint hint...

Pierstoval
Web developer

•    
  • Citation

Message par Pierstoval » 01 juin 2014, 16:11

Quixol a écrit :1. Social Class - Can only select one option skill, and not the second, so no next button. This happens regardless of social class I select.
This is really strange, as I cannot reproduce the bug... Clear the cache maybe ? There was a javascript error in the XHR element, I solved it, but it sounds strange that the bug may occur again...
Quixol a écrit :2. If you ever feel like moving a bit more south, Amadeus software is hiring in Sophia Antipolis. :) hint hint...
Fortunately I already have an awesome job in Marseille :D

Répondre